[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My life for the next 10 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1465364693027.png (85KB, 542x538px) Image search: [Google]
1465364693027.png
85KB, 542x538px
So I need some advice, any advice on how I'm basically going to lead my life for the next 5 to 10 years. Truth be told I realize I'm probably only doing this to rant, and by extension already know the answers to my problems, but being able to tell some one about my problems and have them listen puts even a bit of it off my shoulders

Long story short I'm 25 years old and currently have a minimum wage job. I have a degree but I didn't do any volunteer work or internships so my degree can get me precisely jack shit. Life's hard living in socal, every things expensive as shit.

I recently enrolled in an adult school for pharmacy tech and hopefully if all goes well i can get my own place and make a neat 2k a month by this time next year.

Here's where the problems arise. Although 2k seems like alot, I've slowly come to realize even living on my own its hardly shit. I'm probably going to have to share an apartment with two other people in a one bedroom and pay 700, max, with another 150 or so counting utility and phone bills. I have no car so car payments and gas aint an issue, but I do have a 27k loan from going to college for 7 years that's currently weighing down on me. Granted 27k is nothing in comparison to other students loans but its still higher then fucking 0. I want to get it out of the way asap and pay 500 a month and basically have it done by the time I'm 32. That then leaves me with about 700 every month, which I know I'm going to have to divide between getting my games, going out with friends, drinking, my *cough*vape*cough* and getting food, though food shouldn't be an issue since I can live off a hundred every month. I used to share a place with 4 other dudes during college so I got this shit down to a science.

Continued in next post
>>
Right now I'm basically paying fuck all for anything since I live at my moms apartment, but I butt heads with her and my sisters to often and I burnt most of my familial bridges due to be a raging sperg. Asking for help after I'm done with school is basically out the window, so I'll practically be alone. I get about 1000-1100 a month at my current job, which makes me realize that the new job isnt nearly as lucrative as I thought. I tend to burn through my cash pretty quick. I'm going to have to kiss some ass until I get at least my first raise.

And ah, the raise, another point of contention. I have no idea how high the raise would be and if there would eventually be a hard cap to just how much I can make, though I'm assuming it's "yes, you fucking lazy imbecile". If any ones wondering, I'm hoping to get work at the local kaiser which makes things some what easier, i can just fucking walk over to my job. I'm hoping there's medical benefits as well though I wont hold my breath.

I've had my dreams of finally being independent, getting my own place and building my dream 1200 buck gayming rig and just being a lazy fucking slob, but I guess ill have to put that off until I'm atleast 35

Anyways, main reason I'm posting is to see if anyone else has any similar experience as well anything you can teach me. Anything that will make life seem like less of a fucking hassle or things I need to look out for being it hits me square in the face.
>>
Good news is you have a degree and you've been actively working.
Play up any kind of strengths you have on your resume and keep looking. Mention you are willing to relocate (if the pay is much better than min wage). Don't stop working or at least doing something because that won't look good to employers. You need to use that degree asap.
>>
>>18664864
Honestly im clueless as to what the hell to even do with it. Ive been told to just go back to school and get my masters/doctorate but with my grades and tendency to massive lazy piece of shit I dont want to just end up piling on more debt. For reference, i forgot to mention all I have a psych degree
>>
Expensive area u live in is a problem. Any chance you could leave Cali? I live in fl and everything much cheaper here
>>
>>18664901
I could

But I want top be around a familiar area and around my friends. To be entirely honest I didnt COMPLETELY burn down my bridges, its not like my family wouldnt help me out in a time of need, so having that safety net would be more reassuring.

If I had to though, living in a shanty where im at is not off the table. I just dont want to move and end up in a shitty ass place. Theres a reason places elsewhere are cheaper, whether it be the niggahood or nado zone in the midwest
>>
Some ideas. Apply for office jobs like sales, marketing and admin. Or teach English in a place like Japan. Or search through top ranking universities in other countries looking for any chance you could do a paid PhD (if you find one read all the cutting edge research papers before the interview). Or look around for schemes, like maybe a startup business scheme where you can get into a group or start something new like a photography company. Or if the US has any social safety nets, use those and learn a trade like plumbing.
>>
>>18664913

Bear in mind Im not knocking down any advice youre giving me, just giving you reasons why they didnt work out, and perhaps give me an idea as to why ti didnt work and how to fix it.

>Some ideas. Apply for office jobs like sales, marketing and admin

Tried this before the pharm tech idea. The problem was I need atleast 2 years of experience for most of them.

>Or teach English in a place like Japan.

Dont you...need to know jap to teach english? I cant just waltz on in with a howdy doo and make those little shits fluent.

>Or search through top ranking universities in other countries looking for any chance you could do a paid PhD

Like I said before with my shit gpa this isnt likely, but if you could go into more detail that would be appreciated

>Or if the US has any social safety nets, use those and learn a trade like plumbing.

Nigga im already going into pharm tech why the hell would i want to bing bing wahoo out of poverty
>>
>>18664920
1. Try some more desperate companies. Experience isn't a hard requirement.

2. No, just no.

3. When a professor has funding to take new PhD students they are usually happy if someone capable shows interest. However, you would need to be up to date on all the latest research enough to discuss it. Basically back to Google Scholar where you may or may not have some papers of your own from your bachelors.

4. 27k seems low for the US where you have to pay for debts, healthcare, less holidays etc. I figured plumbing would make at least 50k.
>>
>>18664971
Ill see what I can do

>No, just no.

So how does it work? it cant be that easy to just say ship my ass to japan so i can give those nips some lernin

> Basically back to Google Scholar where you may or may not have some papers of your own from your bachelors.

Truth be told I was a lazy underachieving piece of shit back in college so I doubt im capable at all

> 27k seems low for the US where you have to pay for debts, healthcare, less holidays etc. I figured plumbing would make at least 50k.

Yeah but would i really be making 50k out the door? Im assuming id get there eventually by getting raises much like pharm tech
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.