[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I start doing hook ups or wait

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: berserk-1556282.jpg (199KB, 748x1100px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-1556282.jpg
199KB, 748x1100px
I'm not really into hook ups or physical contact that much because I was molested as a kid. I'm kinda better with it now and I think I'd be fine if it was someone I was really comfortable with. I'm 22 now and I feel like I'm missing out on a milestone because I'm too reserved physically and I'll be behind when I'm older. Should I wait for someone and hope they'll understand or just get it over with?

Pic semi related
>>
bump before bed
>>
There's no harm in getting out there now and trying to find someone to be happy with. Everyone deserves at least that much. But you need to be up-front right away. Lay your situation bare, and let the other person know that you struggle with physical contact. If they're worth keeping and making those memories with, they'll not only understand, but they'll reciprocate your feelings in a way that is comfortable for both of you.
>>
>>18665125
Any tips on bringing it up? I haven't told anyone, ever and I don't want to make them uncomfortable.
>>
>>18665164
No need to worry about making anyone uncomfortable. The dating scene isnt so shallow as that, trust me. Put simply, just be honest, with yourself same as with them. If things look like they're going good with someone and a relationship can form from it, take a minute to let them know what they're getting into. The only reason I can see them getting uncomfortable about it is if you were to bring it up continuously and use your past circumstances as a crutch in the present. But based on what you've said so far, you don't seem the type to do that.
>>
>>18665172
Thanks for the advice. Bringing it up may be the hardest part next to meeting someone I'm willing to share it with.
>bring it up continuously and use your past circumstances as a crutch in the present.
I actually knew a person like this. She was very forward with me and I thought that that combined with the similar experience would help. Over time she was just manipulative
>>
>>18665180
It may be hard, but I'm sure you can do it. You've come this far having suffered, and a little anxiety toward intimacy doesn't seem to have impaired your desire to move your life forward. Nothing worthwhile was ever received easily, but if you've come as far as you have, I'm confident you can make this work.
>>
>>18665190
Thanks again, and I hope you're right
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.