[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Past experiences of bullying and how to deal with them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 252583_082.jpg (60KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
252583_082.jpg
60KB, 320x240px
To start off i've been sort of the annoying "nice guy" all my life and have gotten bullied quite a lot in my life. Ive been trying to push the rage it causes to me to the side and deal with it in a nonviolent manner but i still feel like the latest stuff is just unforgivable. Few years back i was basically already a depressed wreckage of a human being that barely could sustain the will to live. I attended to a school where i was studying at the time and as a stupid drunken cry for help i told my classmates about my wishes to end my days. Obviously very smart move, but the reactions were rather forgiving and understanding on the most part but there were few that instead of distancing themselves or helping or such. Decided to rather further my agony and started to abuse me mentally, this has left scars that i'm still to this day trying to work off my psyche. I feel like i've stored quite a lot of anger and dissapointment (towards myself) for not fighting back and i want to ask some experiences on what could help to deal with this shit. Ive gone through the feelings of suicide, killing of the bullies, forgiving them, moving on etc. pretty much. Ive always tried to be a pacifist about my life choices but i just feel like i'm running out of options. I wouldn't like to see myself turning into a monster who would take a life, but honestly i dont know any ways how to get rid of this rage that always seems to return to me, i've tried to work out, meditate, distance myself from the events, use supplements, go through antidepressants, talk to psychiatrists, forgive, forget... I still like people, but honestly i've grown to feel like people can see how angry/sad i am, and i just want to heal or atleast drag the people who did this to me down with me. Few reliable friends and family members i've decided to let see part of what i'm going through seem to all be either unable to handle the load or just wont understand how cornered i am. Help me, if you can, please.
>>
File: 1485232905572.gif (497KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1485232905572.gif
497KB, 500x475px
Accept that some people can be lesser than trash and move on. Watch some liveleak if you can't accept it. Some people are human waste and honestly DO NOT deserve to live. Doesn't mean you have to ruin your life by removing them from this existence. That's not your job. I've dealt with bullying myself, maybe not to such an extent as you, but honestly some people are garbage, wisest would be to move on. Surround yourself with positive people. Forget about scum. They're not worth your time and energy. Cheers my man
>>
What happened, OP? What are the experiences that you have trouble putting in the past? Whatever you're going through one of us might've been there before or know someone who has.
>>
>>18664507
Save up 5000 dollars and go live in-a-woods.

Or just let it go and focus on something else. Your bullies will probably grow up into nothing and just 90 years from now you'll both have been dead for about 10-5 years.

I was bullied a lot in highschool. I ended up just ignoring them, focusing on my own friends and becoming a better person. Eventually everyone hated my bully for being such a cunt to me that I basically turned the whole school against him be virtue of just being friends with a lot of people. My life was pretty terrible for about a year. I know that's uncommon but keep striving to be a better person and just leave them in the dust.
>>
Thank you all for answering, it helps to talk to anyone about this at this point. Ive had to deal with several years of regular bullying before life decided to literally pull the rug from under my feet by first getting my brother sick for life, then my best friend left me (leaned to much onto him i guess), i depressed and left to study in a school far from my hometown, got isolated and bullied, left because some of the personal stuff that i hadn't told to everyone got leaked to the bullies. Literally worst thing about all this is that i've been worried that i might some day get sick with my brothers sickness aswell due to this mental strain. He had a daughter before he got sick and i've tried to help her grow up since i've always felt i was shittiest big brother anyone ever could've been so i guess im trying to make amends this way. Her company has given some reason to stick around, same as my family and the select few friends i still got, but honestly life like this isn't really worth it for me...
I feel like i'm currently here to please others and ensure their wellbeing, i just want change for better, feel happiness again instead of having to live my life in fear of tomorrow, wounds of yesterday and always filled with grief, anger and disapointment.
>>
>>18664600
Living for others isn't so bad. I have a daughter. I basically give zero fucks about anything as long as I know she's on a decent path in life.

You do need your own goals and what not if that's not enough reason to kick around. In my darkest times I went in-a-woods and just climbed trees, just to see if I could. I don't know why but it sort of helped me refresh. It didn't "cure" me or anything, but these kind of spontaneous changes help to clarify that I'm not as locked-in in a life path as I think.

The biggest thing with depression and shit is making changes. ANY changes. Go outside and just walk around a park tomorrow. Join a club. Try basically anything. Buy a Captain America Costume and just walk down the street. The way I look at it is, you're guaranteed the experience of death anyways. That is life's single 100% predictable occurrence. Why put any effort into something you already have? Might as well spend energy on the maybes.
>>
Fight back join boxing get power and fucking destroy them
>>
I have been there man. Ever since we moved to the new city I've been bullied starting from grade 5 and all throughout middle school. 4 years of my kids a pathetic and despised loser. The "annoying nice guy" exactly as you said. In high school it mostly stopped and it wasn't as bad because in high school I had very good friends and I could feel good about myself.

The sad thing is that the emotional wounds are still there. Even the word "bully" makes me feel uncomfortable in my chest because it reminds me of my weakness and all the bullshit I went through. I never told my parents because it was so embarrassing that my classmates were so mean to me and excluded me. At this point I can sympathize with school shooters and value human life less than the average person. I don't find anything cruel and unusual about murdering an asshole and am open about that, though I know I would never do it as long as it's illegal.

Sometimes I wonder if I deserved to be bullied. I was a physically weak, talentless weirdo who farted in class and whose only interest was video games. Also I masturbated in class once because I didn't know that you weren't supposed to do it on public. The next few years I just wanted to kill myself, but didn't so I wouldn't traumatize my family. I just wish I could beat the living shit out out of a bully now, but I doubt the opportunity will come. It pisses me off that they got away with it and I was too afraid to even tell a teacher. The only reason the school found out was because I cried in class when nobody would sit next to me at lunch and when a classmate asked me why I told him that I hated my life.

Some kid from another class that I had never met told his friend (someone new to the school) "Don't hang out with that kid." as he laughed and pointed at me. 2 years later I talked with him, befriended him and we never mentioned it, but it fucks me up that a complete stranger heard from someone that I was a loser and actively told people to avoid me.
>>
>>18665127
It seems like it turned around for you in the end, that's good to hear. My life sucked pretty hard until the upper secondary school where i found group of nice people who were very open and relaxed, those years were pretty much first time i felt relaxed in school. We hanged out and stuff like that but then when we graduated i sort of still began to only hand with the one friend who abandoned me. It was pretty decent for long time but i sort of felt we had grown separated aswell and the fact that the upkeep of that friendship pretty much laid on my shoulders kinda caused friction in the end. Our friendship slowly eroded away in about 3-5 years time and eventually i found the new school.

After all the bullshit that took place at the new school i traveled back to my hometown and sort of moped around for a while, i managed to get hang of a few friends whom i hanged around with began to go to gym and otherwise try to pry away the constant feeling of being crushed by emotions. The stuff has worked somewhat, i sometimes feel like i've got future but sometimes i fall back to the bottom again. It's due to few active friends online/irl to that i've managed to pull myself out of the most deepest end.

In my current school i've found people that are bit younger than me but definetly most of them are nice. I've also kinda accepted myself as the person that i just am, i have my own oddities and past experiences and i can't/shouldn't change those. Hopefully eventually i'll be able to grasp at the feeling of calm relaxed happiness again, but in the meanwhile it's gonna be this. Even though things could be better they definetly could be worse aswell, i hope better for all you who are/have been experiencing same stuff.
>>
File: The weak should fear the strong.jpg (60KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
The weak should fear the strong.jpg
60KB, 607x608px
Learn how to fuck people up physically and legally. Start learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and read up on laws regarding harassment, assault, breaking and entering, theft, libel, slander, etc. All of the turn the other cheek shit other people have been espousing in this thread is completely, absolutely, fucking worthless for eradicating deep seated insecurities if you can't pair that with the knowledge that you can handle your shit. I'm not saying you should go out and attack people, I'm saying that continuing to be passive, even when the situation does call for it, will leave you feeling weaker and weaker throughout your life unless you know that you know how to fight. Physically and legally.

Holy shit you guys are emotionally empathetically crippled.
>>
>>18664507
"Living well is the best revenge"

Be happy and successful (however you define those things) and the bullies lose.

And as a bonus, let them find out how happy and successful you are. It will drive them crazy
>>
>>18665540
I still stand by my pacifistic mentality, but i can also respect your opinion about the capacity to stand your ground if need arises. Ive been considering of taking up some form of selfdefence course, but i'm just baffled about the variety of choice. Do you recommend Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for some particular reason and if so what is it? When you say about feeling weaker and weaker defeat after defeat it strikes me very true, along the years i've been bullied it has been taking me longer and longer to deal with the emotional baggage of the stuff that has taken place. I have bit different mentality about strength as in the picture tho, in my opinion strength is a tool to deal with people who exploit others for their own gain. What do you guys think, the path of not preparing myself to defend myself is obviously not paying up, and my own values don't let me fight.

So tldr:

-What sort of self defense courses should i start to take to protect people who i care about?

-How can i mentally prepare myself to defend if the need arises, i don't want to just shrug it off.

-And how should i deal with the past bullying, currently i've just tried to patch up the wounds but not really fix the thing that causes/has caused them?
>>
>>18666175
BJJ is the best. MMA is also great, but I think it's more expensive (not sure though).

As for your past experiences, you may never forget, but you just have to deal with it and if your life improves and you let go if your insecurities you will really not care anymore because you would be a winner no longer afraid of that shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.