[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on how to ease the pain from intense depression?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 23435.jpg (44KB, 915x960px) Image search: [Google]
23435.jpg
44KB, 915x960px
Any tips on how to ease the pain from intense depression?
>>
do new things constantly to distract yourself from the pain
>>
>>18664448
Do something productive
>>18664449
Ignore this person.
>>
>>18664452
Honestly, it's hard to think about anything else than working up the courage to kill myself. I don't want anything life has to offer. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to figure out what to do...
>>
File: ohhhh yeah a fuckin kiss pal.png (81KB, 324x328px) Image search: [Google]
ohhhh yeah a fuckin kiss pal.png
81KB, 324x328px
>>18664448
I have psychotic depression. I use cute happy anime to distract myself from the fact that my mom and sister are dead, and the remaining people in my life couldn't care less about me. Shit usually does the trick pretty well. Careful though, you might get reminded about how you'll never get to be as happy as the girls in the show, but it's cool. Jerkin' yer gerkin' is also a solid distraction.
>>
>>18664472
>Jerkin' yer gerkin'
Makes you feel 100x worse after you're done.
The fact that your family is dead puts you in a different league than me but I can't distract myself from it because I don't enjoy anything. Maybe I should just try to suck it up. You have the real problems.
>>
You're gonna be dead for all eternity but you're only gonna be alive for a few decades. Less than a century. If you have nothing to look forward in life, try to get as much dopamine as you can. i.e. Have as much fun as you can before you sleep forever.
>>
>>18664490
That means nothing to me. I've done my drinking, jerking off, drugs, etc. I don't enjoy anything.
>>
>>18664488
Shit, it usually does it for me, but then again, I usually do it before bed, so I guess that makes a difference. Depression is when your brain literally cannot make enough chemicals in order to function properly, so there's nothing to suck up. You physically can't function like a normal person. Honestly, I'd recommend seeing a professional if you already haven't. I went recently, and they're all great. I thought before that nobody there would actually care, and they're just saying the shit that they do because it's their job, but after going, that doesn't feel like it's the case. The people there actually seem to care, and could probably work with you and help you out better than people on 4chan, the website famous for telling people to kill themselves. Hope you can get the help, anonsy. kiss kiss
>>
Do you like children? Kids make me happier. For a short time, anyway.
>>
>>18664448
feel the depression feelings, listen to music, it won't last so just feel through it, it's not a physical illness so you won't die from it, just feel it and wait for it to end, take meds as a 2nd optional additional advice from an anon formerly depressed

It depends what you're depressed about, psychologists re wrong, I had intense depression for a while but got over it when I fixed the source of my issue. During it I just felt it all w/o killing myself, it went away.

idk what else to say

2nd advice (I didn't include it because it may not work for you): don't be happy because of anything, be happy because of 'you'. You are here so you can be happy if you want to be in any situation
>>
>>18664505
I saw a therapist but he didn't help at all. It was nice having someone to talk to though. Thanks for the advice and taking the time to write this. I hope good things happen to you.
>>18664512
Yeah, I have a little cousin. She's nice and I play with her an my grandma when I see her. She calls me her sister. Kek what a retard. I thought about having kids of my own but I don't think I'm prepared in any way shape or form to support and properly raise them. I am only 20 and still in college. No friends or anything.
>>18664520
The part of what you said that suggested "going through it." I don't think that will work because whenever I plunge myself into it an listen to sad music it makes me feel much worse than before and it doesn't go away. My depression stems from my insecurities, fears, hopelessness, and social ineptitude. Also, existential angst
>>
>>18664448
No solutions, but generally there are a few little things you can do.

Ask yourself right now, how could you make yourself more comfortable? how is the heat in your home? Is it too hot? too cold? Would you be happier wearing something else? What food in your house could you eat that would make you feel better? Can you call somebody and talk to them? Do you think you would feel better taking a shower, or curling up with a pet? Would cleaning your room make you feel better? What music would make you most happy to hear? Would you feel better if you went and got a massage? Do you think you could take a med to feel better? Would being caffeinated help?Would you go out with your friends if you gave yourself permission to get drunk?

You always have a LITTLE bit of control over your happiness, even if it's not much. Start there.
>>
>>18664532
I am this anon>>18664520

>My depression stems from my insecurities, fears, hopelessness, and social ineptitude. Also, existential angst
Looks like we have the same issue. The difference between us if you may be atheist, I sort of "proved" to myself that there is an "afterlife" and meanings to life (not that I know for sure anything) - some time then I stopped... I know others who suffer existential depression and anxiety/social ineptitude, they deal with it and make jokes about it, but I don't know... I'm over it...

>don't think that will work because whenever I plunge myself into it an listen to sad music it makes me feel much worse than before and it doesn't go away.
you won't know when it will go away... sometime in the future, maybe. And music makes you feel worse if it enhances suffering, but I thought about telling you to listen and "FEEL" the "suffering" so it is not suffering, it is a feeling, you're going through it now but it lessens and eventually ends. There's more to gain / less to lose from depression than a physical illness like cancer. I'm not trying to undermine depressions intensity, but all you can really do is feel the pain you feel... idk what to say

>I saw a therapist but he didn't help at all. It was nice having someone to talk to though
Maybe that's your coping method. Therapists didn't help me but talking to people alleviated the issue for me too. It may go away, psychologists say it is a brain problem so it can end by itself (but for me it is a problem that was so intense and it only went away at some point I had a realization, I can't even remember...)
>>
>>18664547
I'm not even exaggerating when I say I have no friends. There is NO one I can call and it's been that way for a long time. I have social problems. Things like eating, drinking, or doing physical things don't make me happy. The only thing that makes me happy is my cat. Because I raised it and it's kind of like my retarded son. So I guess I'll try cuddling with my pet.
>>18664553
I don't quite know what you mean by "feeling the suffering so it's not suffering, it is a feeling". I just can't convince myself that there is any good possibility for an afterlife but I can't prove it either way so I guess I'd say I'm agnostic.
>>
>>18664591
>I don't quite know what you mean by "feeling the suffering so it's not suffering, it is a feeling".
I mean don't think of depression as "pain" (pain is something to avoid) because it only makes you like this, avoiding it and suffering worse. You feel depressed, just feel depressed, what else can you do..? It's just my opinion...
>>
>>18664500
Sunshine and exercise is the next thing to try.

If that doesn't work you weren't meant to be happy, tho
>>
>>18664448
smoke weed. i have high levels of anxiety and depression and i smoke almost every day. life's good when you're not sober
>>
>>18664612
Yeah, I see what you mean. I'm already doing it.
>>18664657
I would get out more but I live in a crowded area and I don't like to be seen. Maybe I'll try to work up the courage to do that.
>>18664674
I've smoked weed. It doesn't help me at all anymore. In fact, I've done a lot of different drugs. I don't anymore though
>>
>>18664688
Yeah, the not wanting to be seen is a lot of the issue here. Make peace with yourself and do what you think you might enjoy without worrying.
>>
>>18664688
>Yeah, I see what you mean. I'm already doing it.
Don't kill yourself for feelings though, if you can change your routine like an anon says... enjoy little things like sunshine, walk in the woods, be more positive.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.