[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've changed, roommate doesn't seem to like it. What do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1499335693640.png (98KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1499335693640.png
98KB, 1920x1200px
Alright /adv/, this is going to be a long post so I'll try to make it easy to read.

I'm a sophomore in university rooming with my friend who is 21. I met him last year and we got along really well. In fact, we got along well because we have similar opinions on political matters, life, academics, and we shared a common hobby of being shut-in pc gamer autists. Since then, I have changed a lot. I lost weight and went from obese to slightly overweight. I gained a lot of confidence with this, I gained social skills. I didn't even think about partying and drinking alcohol before but now I want to do it.

Just a quick note, him and I only really ate meals together. We never really hung out besides that, we didn't even really play video games with each other. Even though I wasn't too interested in partying last year, I still asked him if he wanted to go out to do basic things like bowling and movies. He never wanted to. He still doesn't want to now. He doesn't like partying but even when I push him to do other things, he passes almost every time.

Now, let me get to the problem: Since I've changed, I think my roommate/friend has grown jealous of me and has started acting differently with me when conversing. He might also be pissed because I mentioned how good he is with strangers and first impressions yet he still doesn't enjoy going out to do anything.

Continuing with an example of this...
>>
Here's a prime example that I think shows how he is intentionally trying to push my buttons:

>last week
>physics department (I'm a physics major) is throwing meet and greet in lounge for new freshman
>go with junior buddy (also physics student, not my roommate)
>start talking with a couple freshman
>notice one of the kids is kinda anti-social, probably has slight autism/aspergers
>relatively innocent kid
>later on, after the event, friend says that kid threw a cup at him after mentioning something about drinking alcohol
>wasn't surprised, kid probably doesn't know how to act
>talk about it with roommate and friend, roommate says he would have kicked his ass
>laugh it off, thinking he's joking
>then I say seriously that I wouldn't because probably get kicked out of school
>he's like "No I would legitimately do it, and if they kicked me out I would just get a job with my family."
>wat.exe
>argues that he would be within his right to defend himself
>I tell him he wouldn't, he would look like an asshole if he beat up a freshman at the event held for them all the while in front of students and faculty members you know
>says he wouldn't give a shit
>says "You're just a liberal, you wouldn't understand"
>told him that I'm not a liberal and then let it go

He's conservative and he knows I'm independent, he called me a liberal to push my buttons. I know he's talking out of his ass when he says he would beat up this kid over this stupid shit, which leads me to believe he's just trying to argue with me for no specific reason.

It's literally only been like 2 weeks since we moved back in with each other and I have other stories about how he's being an asshole, maybe I'll post some.

My question to /adv/ is how do I deal with this? If he's jelly of me, do I just shut the fuck up and let him win? If this goes on should I confront him about it? Idek what to do at this point, I feel like I've lost a friend.
>>
Sadly, you were right, you lost a friend. Perhaps he's never even consider you as his friend to begin with.

Keep your conovo with him into minimum since he's not responding well anyways. Only confront him when he's going over the line. Keep it to yourself most of time and consider him a lost cause to you.
>>
>>18664331
No we were friends, but sometimes I don't think he's entirely lost as we still have good humored conversations inside the room and out. He just seems to respond differently some times...
>>
>>18664368
Well, I guess he's definitely has some topics he don't want to deal with and that's normal.

Just know what to talk and not to talk to him and see where it goes. If he's starting shit first call him out and de-escalate things.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.