[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blogs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: americannightmares.jpg (71KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
americannightmares.jpg
71KB, 720x528px
Where is the best place to start a blog? WordPress maybe? Thought Catalog? Tumblr?

Looking for a place that will garner both views as well as an opportunity to get picked up by someone willing to pay for my content.

I'm out of my league as far as the internet goes, but I have three 1000 word pieces (I believe that is the industry standard) ready to go and I think that all will be well-received and perhaps generate at least a modicum of controversy. That said, I'm afraid of preaching to an empty room and paranoid about someone stealing my work, changing a few words around, and being lauded for their literary acumen.

Please help me with this. I can easily see myself ten years down the road wondering what might have been if I'd only had the balls and Internet savvy to find a way to get my stuff out there.
>>
>>18663712
You already have the answers you want. Out of the options you know about choose the one best suited to your essay format. This isn't about the practicalities this is about your insecurities. Suck it up.
>>
>>18663726
Is one option better than the other? In my more self-aggrandizing moments, I like to think of myself as a neutral middle ground between Jim Goad and pre-2016 election Matt Taibbi. I know that I'm good. I don't really care about money or acclaim. I would rather have a couple hundred people love me than a vocal contingent whining about shit.

This is veering into 1k words and a poisonous mindset that can only fall into a pit of unrealistic expectations.

Just help me. Please. I know that some of you guys already know, but who cares?

HOW DO I GET FOLKS TO READ MY SHIT AND GIVE ME FUCKING MONEY??!!!?!!
>>
>>18663792
If you are actually good all you will have to do is put your stuff out there. Exposure is your business Norman Mailer.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.