[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need feedback on my budget. I recently moved away from home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1407728850528.jpg (41KB, 497x461px) Image search: [Google]
1407728850528.jpg
41KB, 497x461px
I need feedback on my budget. I recently moved away from home and this is my monthly budget

Income
>Scholarship: $960

Expenses
>Rent, Internet, Heat, Water, etc: $530
>Food: $106
>Gym: $20
>Supplements (Protein): $50

Leaves me with an excess $254 / month.

Is this decent?
>>
>>18663686
>Food: $106
>Supplements (Protein): $50
I really don't understand this.

But yeah, sounds pretty decent.
>>
>>18663686

Not terrible, no.

Its very easy to spend all that in a night though. I do recommend avoiding the party lifestyle and watching your personal spending if thats all you have.

Side note:

Im canadian. Our numerical cost of living is far higher than yours assuming youre american. So im going off of that.

That could be tonnes of money for all i know but i know a lot of shit is dirt cheap south of the border depending where you are...
>>
>>18663695
I base my entire food budget around hitting my Macros in carbs, fat & protein. I also want to keep it varied and healthy, so I get all my minerals / vitamins / slowly digested carbs.

I stay away from pizza, ramen, and snacks.

Sadly protein is hard to hit for me in an affordable way, and I've found out the cheapest thing to do is just supplement the rest.

Rationalize the extra cost of gym and supplements with the value of better health and feeling better about my body. Cheaper than therapy or sloth, anyhow.

>>18663701
I'm actively looking for cheaper rent. I currently live with 2 roommates. Where I am right now is actually one of the cheapest options. It is also walking distance from almost everything, so I find it to be worthwhile.

>Its very easy to spend all that in a night though.
How could I squeeze more money in then?
I'm not really the party type of person, but I dont really get what message you want to get across.
>>
>>18663707
Again might be a canada thing. But here that kind of money can disappear in a few days.

You overdo groceries, pay a little more on bills than you anticipated, order pizza, buy yourself a new shirt, and its gone.

Thats what i mean. Money can burn a hole right through your pocket if you arent paying attention, and that sounds like just the right amount of money that can get you far but is easy to lose track of

>how to get money

Look into ecommerce and p2p trade and shit.

Sell your time to people for 20 dollars an hour or something. I have a friend who does that. Sells a voucher for an hour of his time. People call him to mow lawns, walk dogs, change lightbulbs, minor house repairs shelf mounting, assemblibg ikea furniture.. Whatever.

Hes not a booming success but he gets beer money. A million things you can do.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.