/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to have a networth of 1 million usd by end of 2019. Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: a24301c82bcb7e21f03978a262fdf7ee.jpg (897KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a24301c82bcb7e21f03978a262fdf7ee.jpg
897KB, 707x1000px
I want to have a networth of 1 million usd by end of 2019. Is this even possible?

Currently I have no debt and about 80k sitting in cash (I do not know how to invest at all). No other assets that are worth anything. I've been working as a computer programmer for about 5 years since my graduation from college, currently taking home about 40k a year after tax.
>>
guess you should learn about investing. i'd say, read books about people who already "made it", like warren buffet.

saving up or earning the money trough "normal labour" just won't cut it.
do you also know why you have the goal you have? it makes it more likely you'll achieve it if you know why you even want to achieve it.
>>
You'd have to risk all 80k and your credit to do that.
>>
>>18663547
Learning about investing is definitely a start. Although I'm not sure it would get the return I'm looking for.

I guess I don't really know why I want this much money, since if I choose to I can just live comfortably until retirement the way I am currently. I guess a reason is that I want to be acknowledged by others, or maybe to prove to myself that anything is possible.

>>18663549
What would I be doing?
>>
>>18663568
well, that depends on how you invest. it's the only way besides winning the lottery and that's idiotic.

do you know what you would want to do once you achieved your goal? what would you use your money for?
>>
>>18663592
Once I achieve my goal of being a millionaire I would naturally aim for becoming a billionaire. I can probably do it if I have unlimited time, but it's quite the puzzle in a more realistic time frame.

I'm not sold on investment being the only way. I see people do various startups, which has better odds than a lottery I'm assuming.
>>
>>18663630
i'm not sure that having money for the sake of being rich will be enoigh to keep you going after you failed the first few times. you really need to tie this to your deepest desires and priorities.

ah well, i meant investments in the broadest sense. i just can imagine it being more lucrative to invest in promising start ups than actually pulling one up yourself.
>>
>>18663637
I guess you're saying it's impossible for me then :(
>>
>>18663677
no, not at all!
i just think you need to go deeper. so far you think you only want to get rich for the sake of it, but that just won't cut it in the face of failure that you will inevitably look into at one point or another.

your first answer was going into the right direction, you want the approval of others and you want to prove it to yourself that you're capable of doing this. you need to go down that road further.
who are those you want to acknowledge your success? would they actually be impressed if you achieved your goal? would that satisfy you?
why do you want to prove this to yourself? did anyone tell you that you're not capable? you need good answers to those questions to give you the fire it will take to pull this trough.
>>
>>18663688
what i'm trying to get at is that you will only get that mindset of "where's a will there's a way" and start thinking outside if the box if you managed to make this goal your TOP priority. and you can only do that if it is important enough for you to reach that goal. and it can only be important to you if reaching that goal will sooth a deep desire and need that is unique to you. the better you know what's the reason you have that goal, the easier you can fuel it.
>>
>>18663688
Thanks! I'll have to think on these questions. I suppose finding a motive might be as important as finding a solution.
>>
it's a possibility, but even if you do exactly the right thing it's more likely you'll end up with nothing.
>>
>>18663711
i think you won't come up with anything that isn't a generic "solution" (iow, what people tell you to do but makes you wonder why they don't do it themselfes if it's so easy...) if you don't first get clarity on your motives.

good luck, anon!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.