[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia or Canada?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: australia_canada.png (14KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
australia_canada.png
14KB, 300x169px
I've been offered 3 opportunities to earn my PhD abroad with financial assistance; 2 in Australia and 1 in Canada. But none from the land of the free and the home of the goddamned brave.
So, if I was going to get my PhD and probably live out my life in one of these countries, which should I pick?
>>
>>18663400
Ausland
>>
I'm Australian, and I would pick Canada, if I were American.
>>
Canada Land. It's closer to America and progressive. Or go to Aussie land which is more conservative and everything wants to kill you. Although Aussie might be more fun
>>
>>18663400
Which cities in Australia? Your lifestyle would probably be more 'fun' there, and Canada may be a little bit too close to home--you should go out and experience new things.
>>
Depends where specifically. Canada can range from fucking tundra, to rolling valleys, forests, or just hundreds of miles of flat dry prairies. Ontario and BC would be the most desirable places to live, as they're quite a bit more forested, and have much larger cities and attractions. Personally like Ontario a bit more, especially near the great lakes. Some hobbies are a bit cheaper here than in Aus, due to certain import restrictions.

Aus is pretty nice too, tons of diverse landscapes. I've heard the immigration system is a fucking nightmare, though. They've also got a lot of trade restrictions, which means that it can be harder to get your hands on some imported goods. Again, it would depend on where you would be living.
>>
If it's in Melbourne or Adelaide go with Australia. The most, and fifth most, livable cities in the world. The climate is also pretty good.
Sydney's a crap hell hole, Brisbane is to humid in summer and the other capitals are in states that don't matter.
>>
Australia lack research options after finishing your PhD.
>>
Caada if you're okay with degeneracy.
Australia, if you wanna die. Either way, you goofed
>>
>>18664167
>degeneracy
I bet you're American lol

Anyways, unless if the Canadian school is in BC, Ontario, or Quebec, you're pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>18663400

coming from a Canadian, if you can get school here in Alberta or B.C youre set. even Ontario. Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the east are so fucking boring youll go crazy

>>18664167

>Degeneracy

98% of the world loves us Canadians while 98% of the world hates the USA. also for another nut kick, weve never lost a war. you guys lost Vietnam to a bunch of stupid fucking jungle people. get back in your spot under the floorboards yankee
>>
>>18663400
Canada. Australians are cunts and I don't mean that in the good way.
>>
>>18665177
>weve never lost a war
Because you've never been in one. 98% of the world also thinks Canada has no military at all.
>>
>do you like snow ---y---canadia
|
|
n
|
|
ausfailia
>>
>>18663400
please stay out of Canada. thanks.
>>
>>18663400
canada is exactly like australia except colder
>>
>>18664046
As a Sydneysider, this is accurate

Fuck this place
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.