[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Stop Being A Miserable Fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 8a4.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
A common personality trait I see in a lot of 4chan users is a very cold perspective of the world. While on paper these perspectives may not necessarily be wrong or rooted in falsehood, it's not a healthy way to live life. I think I have fallen prey to this mentality over the last 3 or so years. Furthermore, similar to one of the leading theories on how depression works, I feel like spending too much time in this frame is cementing itself as the new neural network of choice in my brain. So I just default to this way of thinking about everything.

You see other people are able to communicate each other with an almost seemingly fake sense of enthusiasm or interest. You see people get caught behind a very slow driving car and not get frustrated or annoyed with the driver. You see people excited about the little things in life: a cute baby, a pretty flower, a vacation to Hawaii, etc...

Even if I don't feel like it's objectively "wrong" in any way, being a cynical misanthrope is taking a toll on my mental health and I'd like to snap out of it and return to my blue pilled way of life.

Any suggestions?
>>
My therapist told me it might be a sign of low testosterone. I gotta get myself checked but I'm lazy. You should get yourself checked too maybe. Maybe our brains are just not producing enough of a certain hormone or something.
>>
I very much relate to your post in every way. Idk how normal people manage to be happy and have the will power to chase things. I know "everyone (else) has their ups and downs" but being like us is not normal.
>>
It's common knowledge that once you leave this place, your life begins.

But remember, you're here forever.
>>
>>18663204
But I took a 4chan hiatus for years and it didn't work.
>>
File: 1503487809708.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1503487809708.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18663189
Trust me, it ain't from low T
>>
>>18663242
>Zero Ultra

What are you doing, man... Come on...
>>
The things you feed your mind affect you subconsciously. If you spend time around negative losers, they'll pull you around. If you spend time around positive go-getters you'll be inspired by their attitude and outlook and take on characteristics of them. I take several month hiatuses from 4chan and the Internet in general and my outlook always improves. I come back because of curiousity and habit but after a while, I "fall" back into the culture and experience a drastic change in outlook and attitude.
>>
File: edit_oc_with_totens.png (3MB, 736x1103px) Image search: [Google]
edit_oc_with_totens.png
3MB, 736x1103px
Don't worry anon.

This place isn't making you miserable, it's being miserable that attracts you to this place. Today is my first day here in half a year, not because I decided to stop browsing 4chin and start a life, but because I started working on my life and slowly forgot about this. I'm here today because I just had a break-up.

Now you don't understand one thing. I have a very cold view on the world as well. But why should it stop me from enjoying little things?

The moment I stopped being so unhappy was when I realized that I'm suppressing my emotions, letting in only sadness and misery. I was blocking them because I thought "fuck emotions, I only need logic". Well, no. Emotions are what drives you, what decided if your life is happy or not. If you want a happy life, you need to take care of your mental health.

Also people here don't understand one thing. There's a difference between lots of temporary pleasure and satisfaction from living. Don't bluepill yourself. Living a lie is like drinking to forget about sad things. Learn to cope with reality as it is. You don't deserve true happiness if you'd trade uncomfortable truth for happy lies.

t. anon who attempted suicide and was diagnosed with depression but lives a very happy life
>>
>>18664222
Wise words my friend. Also, nice dubs
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.