[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop obsessing over money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1432478271885.jpg (42KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1432478271885.jpg
42KB, 500x293px
So I've been with a girl for almost 10 months now, longest relationship I've had, we both love eachother to bits, etc. My problem is that I can't obsess over the fact that so much more money that I make is now being spent on things I never would've spent it on if I was still single.

I'm extremely stingy by nature and I was basically a fucking hermit when I was single, which lead to me putting aside insane amounts of money and eating instant soup daily and shit like that, even though I easily could've afforded eating out every single day.

But now I have weddings to attend, we go out every now and then, we travelled a lot too, and while we split everything (we actually split 75%-25% since she makes nearly double my salary) I'm still left with almost nothing at the end of the month, which is a major comedown from where I was before.

Last weekend I realized that I worked two weekends worth of overtime and had a major boost in my salary, only to realize that I didn't actually get to spend any of it on myself, since we had to put aside money for a trip to France next month, which is something I never would've done by myself.

How do I get out of this mentality? I'm trying to enjoy all of these things, but it all just comes back down to money in my mind, and I feel like I'm not getting their worth out of it.
>>
it sounds like you’re paying for a prostitute that won’t fuck you. how often do you get laid?
>>
>>18663018
Did you even read the OP? Where did the sex even come from?
>>
>>18663016
Bump
>>
So what you're saying is you're jealous of your gf making more money than you. Get a better job?
>>
>>18662975
>I didn't actually get to spend any of it on myself, since we had to put aside money for a trip to France next month, which is something I never would've done by myself.

but this IS for yourself as well isn't it? you're not paying for your gf's solo trip do france, you're going with her. why not think that by being with her you're doing all this new stuff that you never would've done by yourself? money comes and goes dude, you're supposed to spend it anyway
>>
>>18662975

Wow she's even willing to pay for you?

You sound like a loser. Travel is something good. It doesn't sound like she's squeezing you out or asking you to buy her pointless expensive shit. I hope she leaves you.

>which is something I never would've done by myself

Clearly, because you're a fucking loser. How in the hell did she even pick you? Send her my way.
>>
>>18663133

Exactly this, and not only that but this loser even has a travel partner who pays his part too. baka
>>
OP I have no sympathy for you. It's not like you're throwing the money away. You're attending special events and traveling all with a gf that not only likes yu but is paying her fair share. What the fuck are you complaining about? It's not as if she's going on these trips by herself. If you really don't like spending the money, then dump her and go back to being a miserable hermit who lives off instant soup
>>
>>18662975
If you both "love each other to bits" she will be able to handle your saying that you're having money problems and really can't afford even your 25%. Don't ask her to pay more - suggest cheaper things you can do together.
>>
>>18662975

I am genuinely surprised by the feedback in this thread. OP, what you are experiencing is perfectly normal and it happens in many relationships. In my experience, it's typically a symptom of boredom. As a couple, you can only spend so much time together cooped up in your home before you end up mindlessly seeking activities to fill the time: trying out different restaurants, vacationing, going to see a movie/concert, etc...

And it's true on some level that these are things you probably would have not done by yourself. You'd probably just sit home on the computer playing a video game or doing something else that isn't a blatant attempt to fill the void of being bored with your GF

Just raise your concerns with her and explain how you feel. You guys can just do shit that is free and/or really cheap. Go hiking, go to the beach, go work out together, etc... Also, I would caution you to not confuse these feelings for a lack of interest in your GF or dwindling romance or any of that shit. This happens in EVERY relationship eventually
>>
>>18662975
OP I am like you in that on my own, I spent next to nothing. I was happy eating chicken and rice. All I needed was a computer and utilities and I was good.

Anyways the question you need to ask yourself is if you enjoy experiencing things and spending time with her. Even tho I was cheap I didn't care about spending since the experience with my gf was worth more than the money I would've saved. We spend a lot of time at home but I regret nothing.

The fact that she's paying so much too means you should probly quit bitching as she's obviously very generous. If the problem is you are going broke then say something. Otherwise stfu and enjoy the time together or find a girl who is neet and won't bitch that you're a jew
>>
>>18663186
This.

When I was single I rarely spent money besides food and vices. Once I got into a relationship that all changed. I spent alot of my savings on stuff that if I would have thought about it at the time I could have spent less but still had fun. As you go further in the relationship money really wont be much of an issue unless either party makes it one.

Spend wisely. Do things that are fun but also you don't have to spend a ton on. France sounds great but could doing something else satisfy both of you?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.