[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Relationship advice, please?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1398926986311.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1398926986311.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
I'm an 18 year old who is moving away to university this autumn. I've had a girlfriend (ree get out) for the past two months, and I've realised very recently that I don't like her enough to try and do the long distance thing. I feel guilty about this but I know that I can't help how I feel, just how I act. I'm inexperienced romantically and am a little immature in terms of romantic emotions, so I wanted to ask for advice about how to go about ending it properly.
Some context that might be useful:
It's her birthday two weeks from now so I feel like I need to do this now, because I can't dump her right on her birthday and I'd feel insincere staying with her longer than two weeks. We agreed to have another chat about what to do closer to me moving away, but I already said I wanted to stay together over the phone when I was REALLY drunk, and upset about a drunken argument with a close friend. She didn't express an opinion at that time, however. I've just gotten back from a trip away where we couldn't have much contact due to phone contracts and wi-fi availability. I haven't seen her since I set off on this trip, around two weeks ago.
Basically, is it appropriate, considering above context, to ring her up in the next couple days when we're both free, say I want to have "that chat," drive her somewhere that same day and admit how I feel?
Writing this out, I feel stupid and certain that the answer is, "yes," but I really don't want to hurt this girl more than I have to.
>>
there's no pleasant way to tell someone "you're not gf material for me any longer".
you will hurt her and it will suck ass, but it is definitely necessary.
you just have to go trough this. it's not going to be easy, but it will teach you to think deeper about entering a relationship next time. it's not something you should do "hust because". make sure you're sure before you get serious.

good luck
>>
>>18663310
also, waiting for the rightmoment or setting is just trying to get around it. there's no such thing as a "good moment for a break up". you just have to do it and get it over with as soon as possible. next time you get the chance to meet up, have that talk with her.
>>
>>18663310
Thank you very much for your post. I'm going to see when she's free and get it done.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.