[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make Games or Forget About It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: box_005.png (496KB, 711x490px) Image search: [Google]
box_005.png
496KB, 711x490px
I'm 24 and semi-NEET. I haven't had a job for five years this month. I've moved back in with my parents since then they're nice and all but this is a really isolated area. I tried university and I couldn't hack it. I've given up trying to find unskilled jobs because I've been out of the workplace so long and I've got no connections. Now I'm home five days a week, the other two I go to a tech college and learn about agriculture. It's interesting but I'm never going to be a farmer. I just do it so I'm not indoors weeks on end. My dad's dying slowly from cancer now so I help out around the house more, spend time doing stuff with him, spend time playing games, streaming, sleeping, thinking a lot about what to do.
1/2
>>
File: city001.png (341KB, 830x1000px) Image search: [Google]
city001.png
341KB, 830x1000px
2/2
I started thinking about making and selling videogames a couple of months ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I've been depressed a long time now and I can't find my feelings about it. I don't know if it's something I genuinely want to do or if it's a sort of frustration where I just fantasize about being successful.

I've got no experience making a proper game but I got a bit of familiarity with Gamemaker, I've got notes and stories written down for what would happen in the game and how I'd want it to play and I've got a few thousand dollars in savings that I could put into it but I just don't know if it'd end up a horrible mess. I dunno. What do you think what would you do?
>>
>>18662466
>something i genuinely want to do.

Ill bet you like 99% of the population isnt doing something they genuinely want to do. That was a pipe dream. A lie. All jobs suck, nothing is going to be so profoundly interesting youll be in love with it in college day 1 to final.

I swear those "do what you love" campaigns in school were the dumbest and worst bits of advice every given to kids.

Having a job is about having income so you can keep eating paying rent and have something to do so you dont get all lazy and depressed.

Youd probably be less depressed and unmotivated if you were a mf janitor all these years for crissakes.

>im in college so i cant see myself doing this

Too bad. Thats your training now. Thats what you offer society. Thats your marketable knowledge. Read above. Now go do it.
>>
>>18662475
Oh and about making games.

Same bro. Just started codijg stuff with a friend.

Thing is we have well paying jobs. We code on evenings and weekends. The odds of our work going anywhere at all is low. Same for you. I suggest you prioritize an income, then work on things like games.
>>
I got a job offer from a game company but it was full of nerdy guys with no cute girls so I decided against it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.