[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: hang up christmas.jpg (21KB, 320x377px) Image search: [Google]
hang up christmas.jpg
21KB, 320x377px
Is it even worth it if I am a useless anti-social cunt who can't speak in public?
>>
>>18661815
Nope. You could get the best grades imaginable and you'd still be unemployable if you have no social skills.
>>
>>18661848
this pretty much. every major requires you to be able to sell your ideas. if you can't you end up as one of those that graduates with a good education but ends up working in restaurants 5 years later.
>>
>>18661876
So am I really fucked? I love literature but I picked CS to avoid talking in public but it all seems pointless now
>>
>>18661900
You've wasted your time if you don't do anything about your social skills. It doesn't matter what you major in, you need to be able to talk to and get along with people. STEM majors who lack social skills are a diamond dozen, the ones who can talk to people are the ones who go right to the top.
>>
>>18661921
Engineering graduate here. 95% of us can socialize well enough with each other to get work done. Unless OP is a full-on Milton who can't even respond to a "Good morning" then he'll be alright. The 5% who can socialize are usually too stupid to make it as a real designer and end up becoming poorly paid shills working on commission.
>>
>>18661815
yeah. I did just fine, got a degree. well i'm not that bad though but not mr popularity either.
>>
>>18661945
My brother's an engineering student and he happens to be quite extroverted. He's had recruiters and hiring managers comment on how rare people like him are.
>>
>>18661815
Don't know anyone but psychopaths that don't have one form or another of social angst. Speaking in public is a skill, training and knowledge will help.
>>
>>18661815
College is designed to serve two groups of customers: those who want to work in a field that requires a degree, and those who just like learning stuff for its own sake.

If you fall in either group, go. If you don't, it has nothing to offer you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.