[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people confuse shyness for arrogance? I've been accused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why do people confuse shyness for arrogance? I've been accused of walking and talking with an air of superiority, when that couldn't be farther from the truth.
>>
>>18661685
Because all stupid Americans smile like an idiots to attract more people
>>
Well insisting could be taken as arrogance.

Didn't you already make this thread earlier?
>>
>>18661697

I did but the word normie triggered everyone. I used it in a sense they're more socially successful and generally better people while I'm a fuck up, but some anons took it as an insult and got distracted.
>>
>>18661704
>I used it in a sense they're more socially successful and generally better people while I'm a fuck up
The term and meme is shrouded with disgust. Disgust at another's success: envy. Its intent is not only negative, it's arrogant. Do you even know what arrogance is? You're not being "confused" of walking and talking with an air of superiority, it's quite literally what you're doing. Nobody here is going to pity or validate you. You are not asking for advice.

Kindly, close the thread, and come back when you want some actual advice.
>>
>>18661777

Stop being a fucking faggot, I'm asking for insight.
>>
Because both persobailty traits mention involve responses anf reactions that are similar
Ex. When you're shy, you either get straight to the point to avoid too much socialization, where in araggonce you also get to the point because your point matters and no-one else's
As well being shy you might avoid people and possibly try sheild yourself with fake confidence, and being arrogant you dont give a fuck about abyone but you and hold your head high while ignoring the peasants.
>>
>>18661879
Oh god my cell phone grammar fucking sucks, sorry. Too lazy to proof read even to save a life
>>
Even if you are shy, maybe you have a resting bitch face and in the few social interactions you had, you behaved cynically? Then people would think you are arrogant.
>>
>>18662487

Yeah, I've been told my natural expression looks a little pissed off
>>
People tell you how they perceive you. If their perception triggers you then figure out how to change it. Your behavior in this thread indicates you are an angry person with a stick up his ass. And you are trying to convince yourself it's shyness when it's not.
>>
The things that you experience as your shyness (fumbling, being self-conscious, blushing) are either entirely in your head or at least are much less significant and obvious than they seem to you.

Behavior like not greeting people you know, not adding much to the conversation, avoiding individuals, or just standing there with no over excitement to listen to the conversation IS obvious and can be a sign of being shy as well as of feeling above the interactions.

>tl;dr people judge your actions and make a guess when it comes to your intentions, they cannot read your mind
>>
>>18661685
I got shit like this for being shy most of my life. The body language and mannerisms of shyness can be mistaken for arrogance.

While I'm not fully out of my shell, I am now much more polite when meeting people. It goes a long way
>>
>>18663148

I do tend to avoid people if I feel like I have nothing important to say to them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.