[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop someone from making a terrible decision, or at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: tenor.gif (585KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
585KB, 500x280px
How do I stop someone from making a terrible decision, or at least get them to delay making the decision until their emotions have subsided?
>>
Not your responsibility. If this person is your best friend/partner/etc (ie. you love them), you sit them down and tell them "I'm really concerned about you and Id like to talk to you about such and such". Be non judgemental, and realise it's their decision ultimately.

Otherwise, mind your own business.
>>
Let the poor guy leave.
>>
>>18660434
You need to show them your conviction that the decision is wrong is stronger than their conviction that the decision is right
>>
>>18660448
Exactly!

Tie them up, and lock them in their basement until they come to reason.
>>
>>18660434
don't just get them to wait with their thumb up their ass before coming to a conclusion. get them to do something else, then have them come back to make a conclusion. they should start taking the advice once they see it works.
>>
>>18660446
>>18660443

It is not romantic. It is a friend who has gone through some shit and now wants to leave his life behind and go live in the middle of nowhere for a year.

This includes leaving his friends, family and a well-paid job behind. Firstly I do care about him, but secondly a big part of my frustration with him is that it is such a staggeringly unwise choice that I want to shake him until he comes to his senses.
>>
>>18660472
Unfortunately, the nature of the situation is such (>>18660503) that he will only see the sense in my advice after it is too late.

When I say this to him though, he just shrugs his shoulders and says "you might be right". It smacks of a self-destructive and therefore unhealthy attitude.
>>
>>18660503
So you have feelings for him.
>>
>>18660548
Did you catch the part where I said

>it is not romantic

Do I need to explain myself further? What in my post suggest otherwise?

He is a good friend and I can see his hell bent on turning his life into a trainwreck. It is very difficult to stand back and watch it happen. I am sure you would feel the same way if you were in my shoes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.