[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over the one who got away?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: feels bad man.gif (2MB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
feels bad man.gif
2MB, 696x478px
How do I get over the one who got away?
>>
I don't know, I'm 6 years in.
>>
You will regret it forever, time passes by and it will lessen. Some days It feel like it just happened recently and it will hit hard but you just got to get out of the past that means distract yourself one minute at a time.
>>
After it happens a few times over you start realizing they were not that special after all and everyone is replaceable in that sense.
>>
Stop telling yourself they were the one who got away. Pedestals are for people who are still in your life because they want to be and are there for you.
>>
File: 1495650581461.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495650581461.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>18660124
I miss her /adv/

I want to go back and try again
>>
OP here.

How do I stop daydreaming about an alternate timeline where I'm with her, where I am a rich and famous rock star (I can't listen to any songs without imagining I'm the frontman and that everyone knows me and loves me)? How do I get over it? I didn't have the courage to ask her out on dates because I feared rejection. This is brutal, this feeling.
>>
>>18660720
get some self esteem
>>
>>18660720
try to get her now? if you cant heres what i can say. time will help. its okay to be sad. when you stop feeling this way try to move on with things. you can learn from this maybe? instead of waiting too long maybe be more forward with people, let them know what you want at the appropriate time
>>
>>18660950
I cant get her now. We're going to two separate colleges in different parts of the country. It does break my heart. I think I'll try to focus on my own life and improve it so maybe in the future I can get her.
>>
>>18660124

You don't... He/she has been an important part of your life.

But if you feel like this, you need to grow up. Try again try again till you realize that the only person you can count on is yourself.

Now you will read this as a sad statement, and it is, in some way.

But when you get there, you will see at a liberatory statement, that will you calm down and that will carry the pain away. And when you are free, you are also able to find a real self esteem and a real happiness.
>>
>>18660124
By finding someone just as good or better, although that sometimes never happens.
>>
>>18660976
The thing is: this girl was found by chance. She just happened to be from my class. I wouldn't have a clue as to where to find more of them.
>>
>>18660274
/thread
>>
>>18660124
The "plenty of fish in the sea" thing works both ways. If you wanna think of all the different kinds of couples that exist and work it's not because the stars aligned and these people met, its because people are complex and so are attractions.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.