[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me find a way out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2510.jpg (17KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2510.jpg
17KB, 183x275px
I need out of being dependent on my parents. They moved me out of the house and into a house that they sectioned into three apartments, I share one of these units with my brother who takes advantage of the situation and doesn't pay his part of the utilities, I've got another brother who likes to use utilities and sleeps on the couch, my mother likes to spin a story about how she is poor but she competes in bodybuilding competitions and travels frequently under the guise that she's making money, I've got a bachelors degree in psychology but I don't know how I'm able to turn this piece of paper into a job, and whenever I get successfull my mother likes to raise what I owe in rent. If I stop paying the utilities my mother will kick me out.

In short my mother is a fucking greedy bitch, my brothers behave like fucking frat boys, my stepfather is an overcompensating cuck, they all are abusive and I need an exit plan that'll work.

I've got a car, I've got a part time manager job working at a theater, I've got a bachelors degree in psychology, and I'm fed up enough to rage quit from my parents. I need to leave and stay gone from here.
>>
M I l I t a r y
>>
I think if I can land a job working with my degree full time or at the least combine my part time manager job with something 24 hours then I could jump into an efficiency and work from there. I can't keep doing this and pay the amount someone would pay in an efficiency and have the same privileges as a fucking kid.
>>
>>18659946
The fucked up part is that I'm 33, they'll put me in a position where I can't properly train to qualify, and they'll look at it as a way to punch me up for more money.

They already are taking advantage of my sister's boyfriend who's a marine.

If I do military I'll have to do a great job at hiding that shit from them. They already know I'm a manager by simply walking into where I work.
>>
>>18659946
Thanks for providing some information reguardless. I'm thinking that if I do choose this option I should just do Air Force but I've got to nail it and do it hardcore.

The mentality these people have is just because they look like the woman in my original post, that they're better than the military. And that she deserves credit from my hard work.

They're so fucking entitled that it interferes with her children's success. She had three kids with my dad, divorced him, got married to a guy who likes to compete with younger men, had two more kids, and likes to siphon money wherever possible because she is shit with managing her money.
>>
>>18659938
>I need to leave and stay gone from here.

What's stopping you big boy?
>>
Dont fall for the military meme. Its like volunteering for prison. You hate how much control your parents command over you? Military is a whole ten levels above that.

Learn how the real world works, take the first shitty fulltime labor job you can walk onto, find a cheap rental and become self sufficient. It will be a game changer and you will never look back. Ofc that kind of work is tough but it will teach you to fully appreciate the value of money and time and will motivate you to work harder at finding that niche dream job your degree can get you.
>>
>>18660125
Startup funds because all my money goes immediately to her, a better job to help transition, finding out how to live a double life so that she doesn't hamstring my progress, keeping my affairs in order here so that I can focus on work and only work, and I don't know where would be the best place for me to move to.

The idea isn't to be the "big boy" because that implies that I'd be like them. I keep my affairs in order and if I ever relied on my offspring to handle my irresponsible decisions then I obviously fucked up.
>>
>>18660132
Holy shit. Best advice I've gotten yet.

I see. I'd be jumping out of one bad parent who wants me to pay for their mistakes and jumping into the same thing.

Please any more advice is useful anything at all. I'm thinking a efficiency is the best thing for me. What resources should I go through to snag one? I'm thinking Craigslist and the Classifieds but are there any other ones?
>>
>>18660132
I'm also thinking I should take advantage of employment agencies. Maybe if I can get a full time job and do this part time manager job I could get more money. It's a theater so it's easy. However it means that I will have to dedicate weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) just for that part time job.
>>
>>18660168
>Holy shit. Best advice I've gotten yet.

Then be prepared to be blown away big boy...

Pull em up!
>>
>>18660293
You're making it sound like I've never lived on my own before. I was when I went to college. I only had scholarships.

This time around I'm doing everything myself.

Quit with that big boy shit. You sound like you're my lover or something.
>>
My roommate got a bachelor's in criminal justice with a minor in psychology. He had trouble finding something at first but he eventually got a job working at children's hospital, where he deals with kids that are or are becoming mentaly unstable. It is hard on him at times but he went from making 34k to around 40k by working safely and efficiently with the kids. The good thing is they will pay for any more schooling he goes for and forgive him of his previous school debts if he stays for 7 more years.

Try to find a gig at a hospital like him maybe?
>>
>>18660303
>You sound like you're my lover

I seriously tried typing out advice but this is honestly what you need to hear at 33 with no savings. On top of that you had a scholarship so you have no debt, that doesn't really count as having lived alone before, as you're now starting to find out.

What advice can you be given other than you need more money and to sign a tenancy somewhere else because in the real world you can not 'cruise' around on scholarships. I'm at least giving you credit that you know that much. If I believed for a second you lived on you own dime like an adult I wouldn't be mocking you. I think you need to hear this.

>You want this sort of advice?

>Stop paying your brothers bills
>take bills out of your name
>sit in dark/no internet
>work job beneath your academic capability until you get job at your academic capability
>if there is even enough of them to go around.

You want more advice like that...

Your parents sound like dickheads. My mommy used to take roids and beat me too... Have you thought of joining the forest fire service / military / teaching english abroad / picking morel mushrooms. I did it in my 20s and they paid for lodging / food and I saved up enough too... no your thirty three fucking years old... Get job... Be man.

And I hope I don't sound like your lover, but if I do... why not move in with him... I'm sure he will pay your lodging until you earn enough to be a big boy.

>This time around I'm doing everything myself.

Just like everyone else.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.