[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The First Apartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How much did it cost to furnish your first apartment?

I'm looking to get my first place within the next 11 months. Thankfully, I enjoy a spartan lifestyle so I don't require a throw of wall art or knickknacks. However, fundamental costs such as bedding, living room, kitchen appliances, etc will play in the majority of my cost factor. My budget is liquid at the moment; likely anywhere between $5k to $15k depending how certain non-controllable facts play out within the next year.

Essentially, looking for advice on cost estimates, some prior experience, dos and donts, yadda yadda. Would be very appreciative of less shitposts and more qualityposts.
>>
>>18659396
Where I live, apartments usually come with kitchen and bathroom.

I spent about 3000-4000$.
>>
My brother spent 6k on furnishing a one bedroom. He bought his furniture at Ikea. Biggest expense was a 2k mattress.
>>
Bump for curiosity
>>
>>18659795
>>18659795
what the fuck does a 2k mattress do? suck your dick?
>>
>>18659911
>HURR DURR U SPEND 1/3 OF UR LIFE ON IT
>>
>>18659911

My mattress cost $1k, totally worth it
>>
>>18659396

Almost all my furniture are hand-me-downs and gifts

When I first moved for my self, I got like 700 dollars worth of furniture (a single bed and some IKEA shelves)
>>
You really don't need to spend $500. I mostly got furniture from friends and family. Craiglist is also great for anything un-upholstered, but I would avoid getting second-hand mattresses or couches from sources you don't trust.
>>
0$
Found a perfect 2 1/2 appartment ($470/m) with a fridge, oven, table and chairs with a washing machine in the block.
Already had the rest of my furniture in my room at my mom's house
>>
I don't live in US. I bought first flat for about 15k$, it is 28 square meters. I spent 2k$ on drawers, carpets n shieet plus another 2k on fridge, washing machine, microwave and oven.
It was cheap as fuck, but pretty fine for self made single 21yo
>>
>>18659987

"high quality" AKA soft matresses aren't good for the back.

waste of money
>>
>>18660114

That's not what my body says. I sleep like a baby
>>
>>18660155

Have you ever tried not being retarded?
>>
>>18660208
>Have you ever tried not being retarded?
have you ever tried not being a poorfag?
>>
>>18660208

This>>18660220
>>
>>18660114
There's a definite balance between waking up with dislocated ribs, and having a sore back because you sink into the mattress.

Sleep is really important. Wouldn't say that there's a minimum price to pay for it, but I wouldn't say it's something to cheap out on either. Bad sleep will make your entire life miserable.

Pretty much the only essential criteria you'd want is for it to be foam coil. You can pick up pillowed covers for real cheap that also double as a water barrier, so getting it built in is a bit of a waste. No reason you shouldn't be able to find a decent mattress for around $500. That's new, mind. If you don't mind doing a bit of cleaning, you can have good mattresses as cheap as $25-$50. A lot of people just don't know much about them, and they're a bit of a pain to move.
>>
>>18659396
Two rooms + small kitchen .. had nothing but my clothes when I moved out (was 19). Cost me the equivalent of 5000 USD at the time
>>
Just get a futon
>>
It really depends on how much you're willing to spend. Depending on what you get and where you get it from, you could spend literally anywhere from $1000 upwards.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.