[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so lost, what do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1488333793384.jpg (55KB, 598x467px) Image search: [Google]
1488333793384.jpg
55KB, 598x467px
So, here's the deal. I'm 21, I've spent 3 years in community college studying engineering, hoping to transfer to a university. But I dicked around like a lazy ass and got mediocre grades and ended up with a 3.0. I've already been denied to my university of choice. Being in a community college is rotting my fucking soul, and now I'm starting my FOURTH year here to wrap up an AS in science this semester.

I'm fucking sick of everything. I have no social life, no girlfriend and no real friends. You can't make friends in a CC. My prime youth is slipping past me, and it's killing me that I'm not doing with it. I was hoping if I could get into a university I could have a better shot at a social life but that's just not looking like that could happen unless I switch majors, in which case I don't know what the fuck I could switch to. I don't know what majors would accept a 3.0, and I'm concerned I just don't have the work ethic for college anyway. I'm running out of money, too. All this shit is weighing down on me hard and I'm seriously considering saying fuck it and enlisting in the air force.

I don't know what I'm expecting with this thread but I have literally nobody to turn to for advice at the moment, not even my parents. I am so directionless at the moment, just any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
>>
>>18658693
A 3.0 should get you into your state's second-tier state university (the one with the word State in it), and those are generally good engineering schools. You might even get into the first-tier state university (University of [name of state])
>>
>>18658693
Can you not apply to multiple schools? Seems risky to bank your hopes and dreams on one school letting you in.
>>
>>18658770
The second tier state uni was the one reknowned for having a good engineering program and that's the one I got denied to. Also I live very close to it anyway. I'm hoping if it's possible to still get into there with a less demanding major.
>>
>>18658798
They may accept you as an Undeclared Major, and then after a semester of good grades you may be able to switch into Engineering. (It might delay graduation by a semester or year, but that's no big deal. At most universities more people starting as freshmen take five years than four.
>>
>>18658888
I'm not a freshman though. I have well over 60 hours of credits. Am I still allowed to transfer as an undeclared major?
>>
Obviously finishing communty college should be your primary concern. An AS is still better than just a high school diploma but your are already showing sings of burnout so I would personally suggest you put off going to university and working a job for a year or two. Save up some cash and when youre ready then go back.

It sounds counterintuitive but I think working some mind numbing job qill help get you some much needed persoective on how life can suck when you let opportunity slip.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.