[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to stop being a wuss! (rant)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: b.jpg (100KB, 800x762px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
100KB, 800x762px
Today I was at the supermarket with my GF. In my country many supermarkets have young guys at the counter to help pack your stuff into bags and if it's a lot take it back to your car, where you are expected to pay them a tip. They literally just push the cart to your car and put everything in your trunk. Today we had bought a lot of stuff, and as my GF's mom was paying, as it was their monthly grocery shopping, I noticed the guy (let's call him packer) had finished loading the goods into the cart. I walked up to him and calmly said, "I'll take it from here, thanks" and grabbed the cart. For a moment he had this U wot m8 look on his face and looked like he was about to punch me, but let go. It helped that I am taller than my average countryman, have a beard, athletic but skinny build and since puberty a REALLY deep and gravely voice. To sum it up, I look way older than I am.
The thing is when we were about to go I heard him saying, loudly enough for me and my gf to hear, "I'll take it from here (trying to imitate my voice tone), I don't work here for free, wanker. I proceeded to ignore him and walked away, and my gf told me she had liked that, but I felt really different inside.
I have been bullied most of my school life, and have always struggled with self confidence and bravery. After reading a lot I have mustered enough self confidence to get along in my freshman college year, get some friends and a gf.
What bothered me was that today I had the same response I would have had in school. Don't respond to the attack, just look away and go away, and proceed to feel miserable and call myself a coward.
I honestly wish I had punched his face in right there, or at least verbally assassinated him, or at least confronted him. Maybe I shouldn't fret too much over it, but I'm tired of walking away. I don't care if I get punched, laughed at or worse. I just want to at the end of the day have the satisfaction of at least having the courage to stand up to my aggressors.
>>
>>18658518
You're south american, are't ya?
>>
>>18658532
Ya
>>
What is it a south american thing to be a dumb ape overreacting and fighting over every little offense?
>>
>>18658532
How'd ya know?
>>
i don't think it is really a big deal if you want to do something that will make you feel courageous or something idk hunt a bear or what why do you need a self esteem booster when the days where you have been bullied past there is no point to think about it again it is in the past if it left an emotional scar don't pick on it and reopen it , shit be happy you have a girlfriend and her mom is cool with you i am assuming but really is there a need to actually need to prove yourself you are confident ..
>>
>>18658577
You have apoint, and Im actually really happy with my gf. Managed to lose my V-card and have sex fairly frequently, something younger me thought it would never happen. I think my issue is that even thoguh I may APPEAR confident and happy on the outside (and I was starting to believe it internally too), today I realized I haven't really changed much on the inside,and as you say reopened my old emotional scars...
>>
>>18658547
That's called having cojones
>>
>>18658518
Just think of it this way. You were enough of a threat to that faggot's masculinity that he felt the need to cuss you out over what I would consider being POLITE. Then you proceeded to make him feel like a little bitch boy by not even giving him the satisfaction of acknowledging his shit talk an proceeded to go home with two nice ladies, one of whom you get to fuck on the regular. It's not necessarily being a "wuss" for not stooping to their level. Maybe if he was hitting on your woman or hit you, you would have reason to put him in his place by was of force. Since he was just being a cowardly wanker, however, ignoring him was an even better show of dominance.
>>
You fkn loser. Why would you care so much about a kid making fun of you. Grow up mate
>>
>>18658617
This
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.