[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: fuck.jpg (86KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
86KB, 849x565px
I'm a first year medical student. In the last month or so I've been looking at all these great people like Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Steve Woz, Zuckerberg and so on... I really can't seem to get over the thought that they were the same age as me when they started their "Big thing". I really want to study, become a doctor, go into oncology maybe, cause my mom died to cancer 2 years ago, but I really struggle with the motivation to write some of the BS exams we have to do. I'd really like to do something meaningful, not just memorize dull stuff and do exam after exam.

I really don't know what to do.

Every advice helps.
>>
>>18658345
You're being driven by your ego. You may or may not want to even be in the medical field deep down. Zuckerburg and Musk probably LOVED what they were doing in school. It's not just latent talent. Just be sure your path is really yours, not just your egos.
>>
>>18658345
You are going to waste an opportunity, med school is my life's dream.
>>
>>18658398
Won't let it happen. No way. Thanks dude.
Why can't you follow your dream thou? Money, health?
>>
>>18658345
>I really can't seem to get over the thought that they were the same age as me when they started their "Big thing".
And lots of people started their 'big thing' a lot later in life. Your age really does not limit what you can accomplish in life.

>I'd really like to do something meaningful, not just memorize dull stuff and do exam after exam.
So do something meaningful, like volunteering. But at the same time, be realistic about what you will probably achieve in life. For every person who is like those people you listed, there are literally tens, if not hundreds, of millions of people who have accomplished relatively less. Chances are, you'll be one of those millions.
>>
>>18658371
This actually makes a lot of sense. I mean I might get distracted so easily because I just want to be great like these guys... Shit, I considered myself a humble person.
This might be because of the need of appreciation of others. Doesn't matter.
But I mean, there greatness comes with the ability to do something better than everyone else, right, and that comes with a lot of practise. Practise needs a lot of love to do, cause it's repetitive.

So in the end you're right. I should stop the ego drive and just do what I enjoy, which is actually studying (I think).

Thanks mate, you really made me think from another perspective.
Cheers!
>>
>>18658647
Yep, everyone has heard about the KFC story. Big things are possible even at older age.

And you're totally right about the hundreds of millions of people. I'll do my best and see what happens.

Thank you. Wish you the very best in life.

>I'm OP btw, writing from my phone.
>>
>>18658668
Ayy I did something good today! Godspeed OP
>>
>>18658345
Google "successful people who started late" as an antidote to your pessamism
>>
>>18658790
Good idea. Will do.

Thank you. Have a great year.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.