[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good online course/program to learn coding/game creation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: UE-logo.jpg (43KB, 650x421px) Image search: [Google]
UE-logo.jpg
43KB, 650x421px
My little brother (15) has taken an interest at computer, aside from gaming. He wants to learn but I really don't know shit about this and don't really know where to get him started. I had hoped he would learn something in his robotic class this year but he got expelled for bad behavior and the new school has no such programs.

I thought of subscribing to an online course from Udemy, teaching how to make games ftom Unreal engine 4:

https://www.udemy.com/unrealcourse/?utm_term=_._pl__._pd__._ti_kwd-119871704962_._kw_unreal%20engine%204%20classes_._&utm_medium=udemyads&utm_campaign=NEW-AW-PROS-TECH-Dev-Unreal-Engine-Broad-EN-ENG_._ci_657932_._sl_ENG_._vi_TECH_._sd_All_._la_EN_._&matchtype=b&k_clickid=4e4a463a-e2ad-4a04-b946-51a3f504ac4b_408_GOOGLE_NEW-AW-PROS-TECH-Dev-Unreal-Engine-Broad-EN-ENG_._ci_657932_._sl_ENG_._vi_TECH_._sd_All_._la_EN_.__class_unreal%20engine%204%20classes_b_211176007677_m&utm_source=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlf_MBRDUARIsAD8Gj8CHavbNGct90O2AjoesZb00DwaaoWQ9G1n72kZ1WrysJ-TzGA1B2w4aAiluEALw_wcB&utm_content=_._ag_class_._ad_211176007677_._de_m_._dm__._lo_1002543_._

He would learn at the same time of having fun (instead of wasting hours on Minecraft).

What's your opinion about this class? Any other suggestion?
>>
>>18657199
Ĺhard to keep him focused at that age but god damn kids pick up a skill fast, i.m 25 and been passionate about game dev since about his age. Don't buy or invest money in courses until he is serious about it (has a working and playable game, almost store ready) because these days it.s sooooo much easier to learn online since 5 years ago. Start with this chap, Brackeys, look him up on youtube, he makes quick and easy to understand tuts in Unity3D. Anyway like i said it's an ocean of free content out there right now. But protect ur money in the sense that u need to be sure it's not just a phase. And tell him to join some Discord servers for game dev like unreal and unity.
>>
>>18657300
Continued, game dev takes a shit ton of time depending on the art work you want to approach, but something simple like Pako chase simulator that is low poly and without textures is more approachable for a first attempt. With this said you.ll find out soon enough if he.s serious about it. But then again since it.s so much to take in from all kinds of areas of development like programming, modelling, animating, vfx, sound, texturing and sculpting he may go on and off as you.ll desperately need to take a break. School won.t do shit for him unless it.s super specialized and even then it can.t be at the level of info you get out from different tutors around the internet.
>>
>>18657312
Last reply, i do have some tuts from udemy for game dev and they sire are top quality. Just make sure u add them to favorites and give it a few days ... soon enough they will send u an email saying it.s on offer for like 15eurs, buy it then and never for the full 200 eur price. Thats their strategy, giant price cuts to bait customers into buying for what they think its the offer of a life time but thing is they ALWAYS but the tutorials on price cuts down to 10-20 eur so if u see something u want ... heart it and wait for the offer
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.