[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

roommates' crazy parents just threatened me in my house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: no-tresspassing.jpg (72KB, 411x429px) Image search: [Google]
no-tresspassing.jpg
72KB, 411x429px
Im looking for some legal/social help

My girlfriend and I recently (as in about a week ago) moved into a new house that we're renting along with two mutual friends and today we had an unexpected surprise.

The parents of our youngest tenant (she's 20 years old) came for an unpleasant visit. Knowing it was femanon's parents we let them in unsuspecting. But when we told them her daughter was at work they began to insult us, tell us we were awful people/awful influences on their daughter, that she wasnt allowed to live there, that they were gonna call the police, they called my girlfriend an alcoholic, etc etc. These people barely know us and we barely know them (it was the first time i had even met them) so i dont know where they were getting these assumptions and we werent sure why they were so upset. It took us awhile to finally get them to leave as the whole thing was quite shocking, but they finally left.

They said they'd be back along with something along the lines of "youll really not like us next time you see us." I yelled back (not angrily but just loud so they could here me) that if they came back again under the same pretenses that I was going to call the police.

And that's where I need legal advice! I really get annoyed when people throw around the threat of calling the police at someone (it makes situations potentially life threatening if force has to be used, and in general the police shouldnt be thought of as your personal bodygaurds) but it felt necessary here. However if it does come down to calling the police I want to make sure there are things I can actually charge them with.

Tresspassing would be a valid charge if they were, for example, at our front door yelling and refusing to leave, right? Is verbal harassment actually a crime? Does stalking apply here?

TLDR - room mate's crazy parents yelled at us and threatened to come back soon and I want to have some legal ammunition against them in case i have to get the police involved
>>
>>18656660
Honestly I'm way more interested in knowing what your roommate thinks about this. Whatever the parents are thinking has to come from somewhere right? Could the roommate have told them bullshit for whatever reason?
>>
>>18656672
Younglings with no sense of responsibility often blame others when pressed.
I did that long time ago, a few people I know still do. It was infuriating to hear that a guy trashtalked his roommate because he failed a year as if the other guy is at fault, when he actually tried everything to get his ass to study. But parents are often blind for their children and would gladly accept that someone else is ruining their child instead.
Talk to your roommate about what her parents said to you and how they might get that idea.
>>
>>18656698
In that case I would force her to take responsibility, or at least make sure that the parents NEVER step another foot in your household.
>>
I think you should have actual ammunition instead, anon.

>also, you let them in the house
>>
>Unarmed people
>>
>>18656775

>anon doesn't invest in burner guns and knives and machetes to plant on unarmed intruders into his domicile
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.