[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people know whether they're attractive or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
How do people know whether they're attractive or not?
>>
People will tell them and they will be approached by people. Unattractive people are usually ignored or dismissed.
>>
If one doesn't have self esteem issues, it only requires a mirror. Otherwise I think it comes down to an honest look at the reactions of others. Though I guess poor self esteem would preclude an honest appraisal too.
>>
>>18656603
>If one doesn't have self esteem issues, it only requires a mirror
???
>>
To piggy back on this question: is a bigger number of matches on Tinder a good metric?
>>
Femanons (not larpers), who is the most attractive guy in that picture?
>>
>>18656906
None of the above. I like guys that aren't taller than 6ft, have gorgeous friendly faces with a smile that brightens the room, and I'm OK with a slight dadbod or normal body. No fatty. I don't care for gymrats. That's at first glance.
>>
>>18656597
Easy OP.

>approachable without any effort
>strangers want to engage in small talk, unprovoked
>people are more willing to accept your social mishaps, even as far as autism
>easy to make a good first impression
>people attracted to you try to flirt without you showing interest first

And lastly,
>they look at you a lot
Not everybody is going to like you though.
>>
File: LGlYjkg0.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
LGlYjkg0.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>18656597
i hate niggers hehe xd
>>
>>18656933
>tfw you will never ever live your life on attractive easy mode

The worst part is I'm not ugly, just average.
>>
>>18656955
People seem to long for the more attractive people more than ever. Maybe it's a societal problem?

Average is not bad at all, but I've seen ugly guys get into relationships, even marry. But the average ones? It's like they got no game, or they got very lucky.
>>
>>18656933
Tfw you get all those but have bdd because you're not perfect 10.
>>
>>18656926
>have gorgeous friendly faces
What hell does that mean? Can you post an example?
>>
it's like asking how do people know if they're funny. it's subjective. you can't be attractive, or funny, you can just be found attractive or funny in people's opinions.

if people act like they are attracted to you, that's how you know they find you attractive. if it happens a lot, you're attractive to a lot of people. you get so you assume people will find you attractive and you don't really jump to the idea that someone finds you unattractive when they're not interested in you.
>>
>>18656964
I think it's because people generally want to be around others like themselves. Ugly people socialize with other ugly people. Attractive people socialize with other attractive people. Average people usually stay under the radar.
>>
>>18656933
Not true if you are attractive and have a resting bitchface though.
>>
>>18656926
/fit/ btfo!
>>
Look in a mirror? Works for me.
>>
File: 1494093995590.jpg (124KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494093995590.jpg
124KB, 640x640px
>>18657050
>''what did you just say kiddo''
>>
>>18657059
Doesn't everyone overestimate their own looks?
>>
File: w09hws100thx.jpg (65KB, 986x902px) Image search: [Google]
w09hws100thx.jpg
65KB, 986x902px
>>18656973
I'd guess that Nick fits her description.
>>
>>18657100
No I think I look like shit and have girls hit on me. It's all very confusing. Usually it ends with the girl looking at me like she wants to kill me when I don't respond bc I'm so clue less
>>
Would a girl that's attractive but also looks very underaged be approached?
>>
>>18657134
How underage?
>>
To get a general idea of where your "league" is you base it off who approaches you/who comes to like you. If you're only pulling fat ugly chicks, you're probably fat and ugly yourself. If you're pulling average chicks, you're probably average yourself.

But, remember to average your experience out because attractiveness is subjective. A 10/10 beauty might have a kink for fatties, but that doesn't mean you're gonna pull a lot of 10/10s. Alternatively, some 2's get ballsy and try to really jump far out of their league. I applaud their courage really, but if you only get a handful of uggos coming at you along side some hotter girls average that score out.
>>
>>18657143
If she looks 13 but is over 18
>>
>>18657161
13?! Hell naw.

I know a girl that is 23 and looks like she is legit 16-17. It's actually a positive thing imho. Vast majority of women age strangely bad.
>>
>>18657166
>13?! Hell naw.
forever alone

she's really lucky, since that's like the prime age for attractiveness
>>
>>18657151
Riddle me this. Why do I attract 7 and 8s but uglier girls don't find me attractive ?
>>
>>18657182
>Why do I attract 7 and 8s but uglier girls don't find me attractive ?
Because women 4-6/10 are autistically picky compared to 3-0 and 7-10 (all in PSL). Seriously.
>>
>>18656597

If youve ever been hit on.

Attractive is highly subjective. Even if youre ugly someone will find your flaws cute.

Its really nothing to worry about mostly because you cant do shit about it. Enrich your own life, do it for yourself, and see what happens.
>>
>>18657189
So I'm ugly ?
>>
>>18657182
I've noticed that uglier girls tend to have weirder taste (ex. Benedict Cumberbatch)
You're probably "too" conventionally attractive which is a good thing in the real world
>>
>>18657195
Nonono, they just want a 10/10 or that special special guy or just wait. I'm not kidding. Not everyone obviously but on average.
>>
ive got a pretty pleasant appearance, i like the way i look. ive got a great mix of my mom and dads genes who were solid 9s in their prime.

Women are generally bashful, that much ive noticed. i feel like men are threatened by my appearance but could be my imagination.

but yeah to answer your question, how else, look in the mirror. you like what you see?
>>
>>18657202
but aren't people uglier than what they're used to seeing in the mirror?

I think I'm average, or slightly above, but no guy has expressed interest in me
>>
>>18657201
>not everyone

Different fag but OP. I understand your self esteem.sucks so i need to highlight this hard because im sure your self hating brain will blow right fucking through it.

Generalizations are true. But they never ever apply to the individual. It seriously doesnt matter what you look like.

You will be sunk faster and fail harder by insecurity and self hate than being a 1/10.

I mean it. Forget about this shit. Enrich your life.

Also you might not even be ugly, and your insecurity is warping your reality hard. I thought i was ugly until i was in my early 20s. Like butt ugly.

Found out im actually chad level. I have no need to brag on an anonymous board, because i have nothing to prove to computer shut ins ill never meet so know that im just making a point.

Insecurity will fuck your head up good.
>>
>>18657202
>look in the mirror. you like what you see?
Depends on the day.

heh
>>
>>18657213
if youre willing to believe that youre somehow uglier outside the mirror, then im willing to bet that you wouldnt believe it if a guy expressed interest in you anyways.

chin up, back straight, and chest out. youre probably fine.
>>
>>18657213

No. Its based on your perception. Narcissistic people will think theyre hotter than they are, insecure people will think uglier. And women for the most part perceive themselves as uglier. Let me tell you a story.

It was a study. Some women were sent to meet a police sketch artist. The receptionist was hot. That was part of the study.

The women were asked to describe the receptionist to the artist. This was to show his skill. He drew out very accurate composites of her from their description.

Then they were asked to describe themselves (the artist was behind a wall. He couldnt see them)

The women were all fairly good looking. But after describing themselves, the composite the artist drew were practically inhuman looking ogres because the women only described their "flaws" and they exagerated them big time.

Take that, and i will reiterate two things..

One.. It doesnt fucking matter. Youre someones lucky find.

Two.. This is an utterly useless fucking feeling. Even if you are ugly, you cant do anything. Focus on your life, hobbies, and enrichment.
>>
>>18657182
They probably do but just wouldn't bother/dare show it because they know rejection is about 99% certain.
But if not, again, attractiveness is subjective. Not all girls are into the conventional look. Thats where you get the outliers
>>
I don't even want sex anymore, I just want closeness, I want to hold around a naked woman and feel her as much as possible if that makes sense.
>>
>>18657392
You are shit out of luck because that's not what women want at all, they want an aggressive male that will pound them for hours and makes them cum. Not faggy emotional connection.
>>
>>18657392
you need a M O M M Y
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.