[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I MISS BEING A NERD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork2.jpg (162KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork2.jpg
162KB, 750x500px
I did away with my gaming PC, all my vidya, my anime watching, my nerd friends

for the past 5 years i've been living a lie. i'm not Chad. I can get jacked and laugh at normie jokes and instagram "memes" and fuck girls but i'm not happy.

Listening to chrono trigger music while photoshopping sonic the hedgehog recolors while drinking mountain dew made me happy. grinding wow made me happy. playing console games made me happy. there's no sense of 'wonder' in my life anymore. There was a sense of wonder in super mario galaxy anymore.

Pls help
>>
You only miss it because that was your old normal for far more than five years. It was also the only life you knew. If what you're doing now isn't satisfying you then try something else. But don't go back and reread the same old chapters from the same old book just because you don't like this new one. Life is a library. Go out and start something fresh.
>>
>>18656458
What the fuck do you need help with? Do shit you enjoy. Stop being a fucking baby.
>>
>>18656471
But I don't want to be a neckbeard
>>
>>18656483
Oh, a bait thread. Classic play dumb technique. Gotcha.

Your thread is trash, don't reply. Saging
>>
>>18656502
Fuck you faggot your mom's a whore
>>
File: 1502431923334.jpg (69KB, 591x594px) Image search: [Google]
1502431923334.jpg
69KB, 591x594px
>>18656467
This is actually good advice... I'm not OP but similar... Thank you kind anon!
>>
File: 1479309805366.jpg (19KB, 470x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479309805366.jpg
19KB, 470x540px
>>18656458
Bro, desu I went through this same thing

>be fucking WoW nerd loser faggot
>if you got me talking about Final Fantasy, I wouldn't shut up
>former Counter-Strike pro
>build computers, dabbled in coding and modding
>all while being a high school drop out, living with mommy until I was 18
>all of a sudden 18 hits
>mom kicks me out
>no more PC, no more vidya
>start working, make friends, become a normie
>fuck a lot of different women, have a bunch of real life experience
>eventually build myself back up
>finally built my first PC again since being out of the game since 2011
>feel at home again, start emulating, coding, modding

It's just what it is, sure I still have beer with friends some evenings, or go out and do crazy shit once in awhile, by 9/10 times, you'll find me in my PJ's playing on my PC, and that's when I'm truly my happiest.
>>
File: maki.jpg (27KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
maki.jpg
27KB, 604x604px
>>18656467
this
>>18656534
and this

don't revisit you'r old life too much, you will want to savor that for when you are old as shit. keep finding new interests. learn something. create something. just do something.
>>
It also happened with me anon.
When I played WoW it was the only thing that mattered, I didn't care about being a virgin loser. Then I started college and realized that I had to at least reduce my gaming time, later stopped playing.
I became normie, started to run, workout, drink, date. I experienced a lot of things, but I'm not sure I liked them, most of the time it was just forced. My time through college was a lie.
Wanted to start gaming again, but can't into it anymore, it's not fun like it was.
If you can go back and still have fun, just do it. You lived the normie lifestyle and didn't like, what's the problem? Being a nerd is not looked down as it was 10-20 years ago. You have life experience so you can be a nerd, without being total neckbeard, which makes you a nice match for nerdy girls.
>>
>>18656675
>meet nerdy girl
>we go to the hookah bar
>great date, she's cute AF too
>talking about Mario and other dumb shit
>she starts talking to me about where she worked
>turned out it was at a Sonic where I boned like half the car hops
>next date
>she finds out
>calls me out on being a manwhore
>hates how much 'life experience' i had
>calls me a creep and tells me to fuck off

If I was more modest in my less nerdy days, I would've had this cutie for my lifelong GF. :(
>>
>>18656702
Holy shit, life sucks sometimes.

>first year in college
>see nerdy girl feeling out of place at party
>chat with her and start making out
>immediately fall in love
>next day discover it's my dormmate ex
>girl finds out and texts me to say it would be weird
>>
>>18656534
Damn man very similar story here

>Play WoW and be that guy that sleeps in class because he was up raiding (Top 10 US)
>Keep playing WoW through college then quit in MOP because grades were sketchy and guild was dying
>Start working out to keep my mind distracted and also because it helped with my psoriasis
>Still awkward indoors nerd with no social skills
>Get a job
>Forced to be well groomed to keep job
>Forced to be social since you can't avoid coworkers
>Notice qt girls approaching me asking what I'm doing
>Probably hit chad status since I was fit, decent looking, with a good job.
>Now dating someone who used to play games and is a solid 9/10

To be honest though, I would be perfectly happy just playing games. I play retarded single player games that I end up taking forever to complete. Took me about 3 months to finish witcher 3 and I know back in the old days that would've been done in 3 days or less.
>>
You always come back to what you really love to do. Every close male I have in my life makes some time for video games (and anime) even though they chase tail, live life and start families.
>>
>>18656483
Do your nerd shit in moderation and don't talk about it to your normie friends. Balance.
>>
>>18656861
what was your job and where did girls approach you?

Maybe I should get a normal job, cause i work remotely coding from my pc from home so i never get to interact with people
>>
>>18656502
Never assume OP isn't just stupid.
>>18656458
So go back to those things you enjoyed, just do it in moderation. Instead of making them your entire life, make them only a part of your life. Honestly I don't know why you stopped. Some of the normiest of normie friends I know have all watched anime a few times, play video games, etc. Even some into their 40s. Girls too, attractive ones. Girls that like hiking and sports and shit.
>>
File: 1378280875679.jpg (16KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1378280875679.jpg
16KB, 400x299px
>>18656458

Only a fool thinks that there is no grey area between a "Nerd" and a "Chad". Just do whatever the fuck you want and stop worrying about what term defines you. The world is not as "us vs. them" as you're trying to make it out to be. I don't understand why you kids are so obsessed with labeling everything.
>>
>>18657699
I'm an accountant at a mid size corp. I'm one of 2 males in that department. The rest are women. The people who work AP/AR are all young girls. It seems like every office job the women get prettied up daily unless they hit mom status or a certain age. For a field that's so centered around numbers it's surprisingly female dominated. It's been that way at the other 2 jobs I worked too. However, I've been told that if you work at the 'big 4' it's more even and there are more men as the hours are longer and they require travel.

>
Maybe I should get a normal job, cause i work remotely coding from my pc from home so i never get to interact with people

I definitely think that if I had been allowed a work-from-home job from the start I'd have some bots gathering me crap on the side screen in my boxers with some unwashed white t shirt like before. I have a gf now though so really I would take a remote work job if I could if it paid the same.
>>
File: 1479874031451.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479874031451.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>18657867
Every industry these days are women dominated, since women make up the vast majority of college graduates.

The only industry is computer programming which is male-dominated, which is why that particular industry is under assault by feminists.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.