[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to take good selfie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

I want to start online dating but I have no good pictures. Also have no friends so they can't help me. I look like I'm sarcastically smiling in all the selfies I take, and the phone camera makes my face shape look all weird and accentuates all of the little imperfections in my skin. Any advice?
>>
Bitch, your face is weird and you've got bad skin, what's a camera or a friend supposed to do about it? Wear makeup, that's what you're asking for
>>
>>18655591
Step 1. Get a nice camera

Step 2. Get a nice bright lamp and white umbrella to setup lighting

Step 3. Get a good chunk of rope (say 3 meters)

Sept 4. Tie one end to a rafter, and make a noose on the other end that is more than 2 meters off the ground

Step 5. Set a timer on your camera

Step 6. Get on a chair and put your head in the noose and tighten it up

Step 7. Kick your chair out as hard as you can, so it slides across the room.

Step 8. Enjoy your selfie.
>>
File: selfie.jpg (274KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
274KB, 800x1067px
>>18655598
I am wearing make up, but if I cake it on and I don't look like that in real life I feel like I'd be misrepresenting myself. Can I just get an opinion, maybe? Is this a passable image for a profile?

>>18655601
How am I supposed to upload it after that? Your advice makes no sense.
>>
I find I take the best selfies when I'm not trying too hard. A relaxed mouth is also better than a forced smile. Also the beauty filter on your phone camera is your best friend
>>
>>18655629
I adore your cool grey hairs but that is a dogshit picture
>>
File: selfie take 2.jpg (254KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
selfie take 2.jpg
254KB, 800x1067px
>>18655635
I knew it. Is this one better? My gray hairs are genetic and they grow in a very visible streak. I don't know how to make my fivehead look less like a billboard, I think I just need to live with it.
>>
>>18655641
You look fine - maybe smile and show teeth, assuming they're not busted. Your picture really doesn't matter - you'll be flooded with dick pics regardless.
>>
>>18655641
Flip your hair over so it sits like this, I promise you it'll look a lot better than it does now. And before you say anything, I know your hair isn't as long as hers, just do it.
>>
Try holding the camera further away from your face.
>>
>>18655641
>>18655649
dont do this, your hair is too thin and if it's greasy or you have any dandruff it will be 100x more noticable. your'e not an instagram bitch
your selfies are very close up, i would recommend either stretching your arm out some, which will also let you show some more tits, or a mirror pic. natural lighting is also a big plus and brings out the good shiny parts of peoples eyes and all that gay shit
all in all it's mostly about experimentation and finding a good angle. a lot of the time it's easier to just as someone else to take a bunch of pictures of you on your phone and go through them later and delete the ones you dont like
>>
>>18655655
>dont do this, your hair is too thin and if it's greasy or you have any dandruff it will be 100x more noticable. your'e not an instagram bitch
My hair's thin and it looks much better when I do this since it gives it more volume. You raise a good point though, OP needs to wash her hair (and brush it through).
>>
>>18655648
Teeth smiles looks sarcastic. I have a bit of a gummy smile too, so I don't really want to show it off.

>>18655649
>>18655655
Yeah, tried it, didn't work. I used to part my hair more to the side and my stylist convinced me to go towards the center since my hair grows thin on the sides.

>>18655653
>>18655655
>Try holding the camera further away from your face.
Noted. When I tried that before I had a hard time getting a good expression since I was too focused on aiming. I'll give it some more shots.

I always thought mirror selfies were the worst kinds of selfies.
>>
>>18655661
Hey, I wash my hair every morning, it's just night time now. I comb it wet because brushing it just turns it into a puffy mess. Does my hair really look that greasy? You're not the first one who's told me that.
>>
>>18655671
>Does my hair really look that greasy?
Yes it does. Washing it daily could be part of the problem, your scalp is compensating for the natural oils it needs that you're stripping away every time you wash it. Freshly washed, it should look decent when you flip your hair like that. You don't have to wear it like that all the time, it'll just look better in a photo than it hanging limply like it does now.
>>
>>18655661
it depends on how your hair likes to act and what you put in it. if i flip mine over it will be puffy for a couple hours and then shit itself
>>18655667
mirror selfies being bad is a meme, just do it
>>18655671
my hair looks like shit so i pull it back in a bun or clips or wear a hat 90% of the time. idk your head shape but it might be cute put up
>>
>>18655682
>it depends on how your hair likes to act and what you put in it. if i flip mine over it will be puffy for a couple hours and then shit itself
See >>18655676
>You don't have to wear it like that all the time, it'll just look better in a photo than it hanging limply like it does now.

OP wants to take cute photos, I'm telling her how to take cute photos
>>
File: selfie take 3.jpg (197KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
selfie take 3.jpg
197KB, 800x1067px
Arg, this one will have to do. I just need something immediate because I logged into an old account and made it active again, and the current profile pic is from highschool which just feels dishonest. Somebody already sent me a message and I feel like I'm misrepresenting myself. I'll try taking a better one tomorrow maybe when the sun's out.

>>18655655
I assume by natural light you mean sunlight, yeah?

>>18655676
Washing it daily could be part of the problem, your scalp is compensating for the natural oils it needs that you're stripping away every time you wash it.
I've heard this before, but doesn't it take weeks of greasiness for your scalp to adjust to the new regimen? It seems to me like people washed their hair daily for decades and they turned out alright. I've only ever been told that my hair looks greasy in photos, not irl. But maybe people were just being polite...

>>18655682
>my hair looks like shit so i pull it back in a bun or clips or wear a hat 90% of the time. idk your head shape but it might be cute put up
Yeah, I know. I'm trying this new thing where I try to act and present myself like a genuine girl and not a slob that takes 10 minutes to get from bed to door. It's a learing process. Mastering daily make-up has been my current goal, but it's about time I try and tame the eldrich nightmare that is my hair. Hair clips are on the shopping list.
>>
>>18655591
hey lady you aren't half bad what do you need a profile for when you got a bunch of horny fags on 4chan?
>>
>>18655722
That's the best photo you've posted so far, but you're still really plain. Not ugly, but not attractive either.

Try taking photos from slightly above too, rather than below.
>>
Am I the only one who gets annoyed as fuck if every picture a chick takes for her dating profile is a myspace angle with a bullshit filter and 10 pounds of makeup? Am I literally the only one who's interested in how someone is going to look 90% of the time instead of arbitrarily staging the "world's greatest selfie" contest?

Selfie is a stupid fucking word anyway. Like if Narcissus had brain damage.
>>
File: tumblr_mbdr7kTG0U1qbvpv0[1].jpg (44KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbdr7kTG0U1qbvpv0[1].jpg
44KB, 500x519px
>>18655739
>>
>>18655748
lmao i think this chick is getting defensive
>>
>>18655752
I'm a dude, but thanks for outing yourself /r9k/ :^)
>>
File: selfie the fourth.jpg (227KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
selfie the fourth.jpg
227KB, 800x1067px
>>18655725
I've considered /soc/ before to meet people, but I have the feeling that the people hanging out on /soc/ aren't exactly the same kind of channers as me.

>>18655727
You're just trying to get a better look at my "cool" gray streak. What do you think, is it enough of a feature that I should highlight it? Kinda Bride of Frankenstein-chic. I usually photograph myself too much to the side for it to be visible.

Double-arming it was probably a mistake...

I can't tell if smiley or super-serious cool-bitch straight-face is better, so I'm trying for a small smile. If I don't smile at all I just look sad. Both ways I tend to look dead-eyed.
>>
>>18655781
>but I have the feeling that the people hanging out on /soc/ aren't exactly the same kind of channers as me

What does this even mean? Either 4chan is niche enough that just being here means you shouldn't throw stones personality-wise, or it's really so diverse that there are "different kinds of channers" and you're just being close-minded.
>>
>>18655788
I figure they are more /pol/ and less /a/, and I fucking hate /pol/. There's been a regime shift and a lot of newfags are really political and distainful of weeb shit. I feel like that would be strongest on a board full of camwhores. If /soc/ was full of niche hobbiests that would be fine, but the nature of the hobby boards is one where they've made a wall between themselves and any kind of attention-whoring. But maybe I'm wrong. I was going to try posting there if I saw a relevant meet-up thread. I've been browsing it a bit.
>>
>>18655802
I'll concede this point. I actually met a girl I dated for a while in a /soc/ thread several years ago, but going back to it in the past couple of years has seen a pretty marked shift in quality of the board overall. Less about socializing and more about namefagging and circle-jerkery.
>>
File: 1503035996240.jpg (80KB, 524x472px) Image search: [Google]
1503035996240.jpg
80KB, 524x472px
>>18655802
/pol/ is full of newfags and larpers, but it's still a stupid boogeyman to blame the current state of 4chan on.
If you actually lurk /pol/ you will notice there is a huge amount of ideologies fighting each other constantly. It's just that lefty-pol and the NatSoc larpers are loudest fags around and they tend to create shitflinging threads on other boards, /tv/ especially.
>>
>>18655781

Hey that's the one, I'd right swipe you.
>>
>>18655844
Is it? I honestly can't tell so I'll trust your judgement. Thanks!
>>
>>18655859
I'm just one guy however.

What type of guys are you trying to attract by the way?
>>
>>18655781
That one is great
>>
>>18655863
What type of guy? I hadn't really thought about that. Are you asking body type or personality? I'm not that picky so long as they aren't obese, although I will admit I'd prefer to date a white guy. I'm really a novice at dating so I don't really even know what kind of guy I want, but I'd like them to share some of my hobbies. I just want to try it because I'm sick of being alone.

>>18655865
Thanks. I'll use this one then.
>>
>>18655888
>I just want to try it because I'm sick of being alone.
That's not a good reason to be trying to date people. I'm sure it works differently for you by merit of being female (online dating is going to be a buffet of dick for you) but not knowing what you want in a relationship BEFORE you start looking for a relationship is a good way to ensure you're never going to be entirely happy and most of your relationships will be short and probably dysfunctional. How is a guy supposed to know what you want from a relationship if you don't either?
>>
>>18655892
Well, I want companionship. I just have really shitty interpersonal skills and I'm not expecting to hit gold right off the bat. But if I don't put myself out there how am I ever going to get better at that? Don't most people date because they don't want to be alone? Isn't that the whole point?
>>
>>18655899
I'll be your friend. Just hmu some how
>>
>>18655899
I say yes, but every person I've ever talked to about it comes at you with the "you have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with anyone else" schtick. Which is somewhat true in that you need to be very self-aware and happy with yourself if you expect to be in a fulfilling relationship. A relationship isn't a magical cure-all that's going to fix anything, relationships are work. Moreover, companionship is one of many things found in a relationship, not even the biggest thing, because "companionship" means different things to different people. Do you want a guy who's texting you 24/7 and basically glued to your hip no matter what you do comapnionship, or more hands-off "you do you and we can meet up together later for whatever" companionship? Yes, there's a middle ground, my point is everyone's expectations are different and showing up to a possible relationship thinking "fuck it, I'll know it when I see it" is pretty much setting yourself up to fail.
>>
>>18655903
I appreciate the offer, but I've had some bad experiences with online friends. What I'm looking for now is someone I can do things with in meatspace, up to and including physical contact.

>>18655905
Well what am I supposed to to then? Should I make a checklist of all the things I'd like my ideal SO to be, because that seems like the perfect way to set myself up for disappointment. Really, I'm not getting any younger, and I've wasted most of my youth away shying away from the opposite sex and from people in general, and now I'm some freak at my age, virgin and emotionally stunted, and I'm worried I'll be like this always. If putting myself out there on the dating scene and trying to close the distance isn't the right course of action then what would you suggest I do?
>>
>>18655915
No problem love, I honestly do hope you find someone great out there for you
>>
>>18655915
Suppose a little context makes things clearer. You've got the right idea, of course being a bit socially stunted can make knowing what you want out of social interactions that much harder. I used to be like you, still am to an extent, but what I'm saying is true. It's hard to maintain a stable relationship when you don't know what you want from it. I'm not saying make a check list, but you should know what sorts of things you'd be willing to live without in a person you want to spend the bulk of your time with. The sorts of things you absolutely can't deal with. The sorts of things you really need as a consequence of the things you can't deal with. Just keep it in mind while you're looking around to make it easier to know where to put your effort.

For instance, I can't abide dumb chicks and intelligence turns me on. I love meeting smart chicks and I know in my heart that I could never live with a girl below a certain intellectual threshold. It would just never work. But because I value intelligence so much, I can't be terribly picky about physical attributes, and that's fine. Know what you will and won't compromise on and don't make any compromises that keep you from being happy.

Sorry if this seems kind of nonsensical, I'm just trying to help a fellow social retard out to the best of my ability. Hopefully any advice I've given has been somewhat helpful.
>>
>>18655922
Oh jeez, don't call me pet names. That's what my online "friend" did. But thank you.

>>18655929
Well, when you put it that way, I suppose I'm not interested in a guy that expects me to be the main driver in our relationship. I'm timid, cautious and submissive by nature, and my ideal partner would be someone who is patient enough that he won't be frustrated by my inexperience but also confident enough that he'll lead me through it. I don't like men who are quick to anger; they are intimidating and I believe it shows a lack of self control. I have my preferences, but I don't think I'm too picky in the looks department so long as they are not obese and groom themselves passably well. I also don't give a shit about finances and would honestly prefer to go dutch every date. I'm no genius myself, but guys with poor critical thinking skills are a turn-off. I also would find it hard to get along with somebody who holds strong political idiologies that are in conflict with mine as my parents fought about politics constantly and I think it's a recipe for unhappiness. And I'm pretty /a/ myself, but someone with a strong intrest in anything /a/, /co/, /v/, or /tg/ would probably be the easiest for me to get along with.

Is that the sort of shit you were asking about? Writing out all of those prefrences makes me feel like I'm being choosy.
>>
>>18655957
Wasn't meant as a pet name. But if you ever do end up being bored. My kik name is DamonMichelson
>>
>>18655957
>Is that the sort of shit you were asking about? Writing out all of those prefrences makes me feel like I'm being choosy.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. And I know coming from a place of zero experience probably feels like having any preferences at all is too choosy. It's not. Trust me, I've had my share of bad dating experiences, but the worst ones were always trying to force something with a girl who didn't fit just right simply because she wanted me or it seemed easy enough to pursue. And from your position, there's something to be said for "settling" in order to get any experience at all, but trust me, you won't be happy compromising for the sake of not being alone.

I think that's my biggest point. Took me a lot of time and many failed (and a few successful) relationships to realize that another person is not going to fix me, but if I'm going to make them part of my life they sure as hell can screw me up.
>>
>>18655995
Alright, I'll take that under advisement. I see where you're coming from with that. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>18655629
Super weird face. Would ask on date.

You look like girly girl and that smile is warm. Go ahead.

>>18655641
This one is worse.
>>
how old are you, op?
>>
>>18655591
>good
>selfie
choose one.
>>
>>18656245
My face is weird but you'd ask me on a date? I'm confused.

>>18656288
25 :(
>>
File: rainbow cat.jpg (104KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow cat.jpg
104KB, 720x528px
>>18656777
>confused
Dear femanon, there are anons looking for quick fuck. They will ask literally anybody who has pussy on date.

Then there are anons, who will ask only 10/10 on dates.

And then there are anons like me, who wants girly girl to marry her and have babies with. Who cares your face looks like that? I would cuddle and handhold you anyway. The only real question is if i was good enough for you and if we found some common long term life goals.

That first photo where you smile is perfect for me. And you look good.
T. 26 boy.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.