[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long distance relationship woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

So I'm in a long distance relationship... and that blows.
I'm only in it because this is a quality girl, but there is no end in sight.. which is very concerning.

Briefly. I graduated and got a job as an overworked underpaid scientist on the opposite coast. i hate my job, my boss is an asshole and I'm continuously applying for better jobs.. but as a scientist, those jobs are all over the continent, and in short supply.
She has a decent job and wants to get an MBA despite not having any prior education. Her job promised for 1.5 years to promote her to a well paid marketing coordinator position (80K a year). I knew they wouldn't and told her so as they have a history of delaying and making false promises.

Anyways, long story short, they fucked her over, they are eliminating the position and relegating her back to a lower position once her 1 year contract is up (pay cut down to < 40k)

So the problem is, she promised to move out and live with me if they fucked her over. Now that they have, she says she "doesn't want to work at MacDonalds the rest of her life" and won't move until she has a decent job where I am. Somehow she has it in her mind she'll ruin her career that hasn't started.

So my questions is... what do I do? Do I break up with her? do I ruin my career as a scientist so she can potentially start one in business management in 5 years or so? Do I painfully stay in a long-distance relationship for years to come until we miraculously end up in the same city?
This is depressing.
>>
>>18655477
Leave.

She is not special. Nobody is. There is probably an equivalent of her within 50 miles of where you live.
>>
>>18655546
fuck.... you're probably correct
>>
just break it off anon and find someone who will be able to make you happy
>>
>>18655477
Are you bizzaro me? Was in a similar situation except I'm not a scientist and she was only 30 minutes away after I moved near her. Guess how that ended? She broke up via text, blocked and ghosted me.

I've learned a lot of things from this relationship.

1.LDR are horrible.
2. If she isn't willing to stick to what she originally told you, why would she stick to ANYTHING she ever tells you?
3. Prepare yourself mentally beforehand. I made the mistake in deluding myself thinking things would be okay, they weren't. I'm not sure how long your relationship has gone on for, but mine was 8 years. Hang in there.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.