[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1496893831468.gif (152KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1496893831468.gif
152KB, 500x508px
Up until today I wake up at 5 am for a 9 am job, spend ten dollars a day getting back and forth, have to cross a dangerous highway, and wait outside of work for an 1hr 30min every day. I live an hour away from work btw.

Today I struck a deal with a coworker that eases said burdens. Riding with him means I get two hours of extra sleep daily, save $15 a week on transportation, don't have to cross an extremely busy highway, and arrive to work on time instead of ridiculously early. However, my 18 y/o sister rides the bus with me to get to university. Problem is my coworker only leaves in enough time to get to work and dropping my sister off would inconvenience him. I don't want to be too demanding because I haven't even known the guy for a full two weeks yet.

My mother tells me to "be a man" and to continue riding the bus in the mornings so that I can accompany my sister. My relationship with my sister isn't particularly strong and it was her own poor decision-making that led to her not having money for room & board on campus. And she isn't exactly the most pleasant person to work with. I'm not getting enough sleep as it is and I struggle to stay awake at work. Those extra two hours of sleep sound really enticing. It's a nice job I landed after months of searching and it pays well. Am I being selfish for wanting to take my coworker up on his offer?
>>
>>18655400
Do whatever represents who you are. I'll tell you what represents me, something that doesn't matters, be a man and don't let your sister go alone, that shouldn't even be a question
>>
>>18655400
Let your sister be her own woman and do what keeps you healthy. You'll die an early death from either suicide or simply getting sick from lack of sleep and overwork.
>>
>>18655423
>simply getting sick from lack of sleep and overwork
I think I'm already getting symptoms. Felt like my body was trying to force itself to sleep at work the other day and today I felt physically ill. Really concerning to say the least.
>>
Your sister isn't a toddler, she doesn't need a buddy to ride the bus with
>>
>>18655608
I don't disagree with you. Though I am most certainly going to attract the ire of my parents and I don't want the headache. They'll definitely try to guilt trip me at bare minimum.
>>
Your sister is 18. She can ride the bus like a big girl. Not your responsibility.
>>
>>18655400
Be with your sister dude. Take it from me who has an older sister who is often cold to everyone. You might not know it but being with her enforces that sibling bond.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.