[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1425509318519.jpg (58KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
1425509318519.jpg
58KB, 640x420px
I'm a shy and socially awkward extrovert. I think my bad social skills are genetic from my mom. I've been practicing my social skills, though progress is a bit slow.

Is it even possible for me to become socially suave and charismatic? What are some good ways to practice? Do you know anybody who went from social autist to Chad after practice?
>>
File: circle personality.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
circle personality.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>18654540
>extrovert
>socially awkward
Does not compute. The more you talk to people, the better you will be at it. So yeah, go and talk to people.

Practice makes perfect.
http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation
>>
>>18654712
I like talking to people, but I'm bad at it and often embarrass myself or run out of things to say.
>>
Focus on being interested in the people you are with rather than on your own shyness, ask questions. should be easy to become rather agreeable.
>>
>>18654540

I was an extraordinarily shy child. I used to walk around the playground by myself and dream of having friends. Every once in a while, a kid would push me into the dirt, or I'd try to get on the play set and again get pushed into the dirt. We moved a lot when I was really little, and I was in school young, and was always the tiniest. In middle school, teachers made fun of me whenever I dared raise a hand to answer a question because I didn't ever talk.

I had some friends, but we were the shy, nerdy types. I could talk to them, but everyone else scared me.

When I was about 15, I really started to put in effort to fix it. By the time I was a senior in high school, I became totally accepted, and 'popular,' and threw the best fucking parties. I went to the craziest party school in the country. I just kept working at it.

Now I'm a high level marketing exec and no one can imagine me being quiet at all. You can do it, anon. We all can if we try. No more being pushed in the dirt.
>>
File: 1482091265832.png (127KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482091265832.png
127KB, 500x600px
>>18654540
>I think my bad social skills are genetic from my mom
>I think my bad social skills are genetic
>social skills are genetic
>>
>>18654540
Suave and charismatic? Possible but unlikely

No more a doofus than anyone else? Very possible, in facgt probable if you keep improving.
>>
Three important steps here
>get a haircut
>take a shower
>become confident
then this will solve itself.
>>
>>18656227
Not op. I'm stuck on the third one
>>
>>18655758
This is /adv/, not a fucking blog space you faggot
>>
>>18654540
Social skills are learned, seek leadership and volunteer opportunities that forces you to work with people and develop communication skills amongst other benefits. I used to have no friends throughout high school and my first half of college. Now I'm invited to frat parties, made my name known in a lot of groups and organizations, more than enough friends, and a couple real close relationships. Next step is a gf
>>
>>18654540
>Do you know anybody who went from social autist to Chad after practice?

"Chad" doesn't exist, so... If you mean got friends and got laid, then "yes". I've seen it happen.

>Is it even possible for me to become socially suave and charismatic?

How about you start small? Don't imagine James Bond and expect to be him. Make your first goal be "feel more comfortable" or "make two new friends" or something that's a step up.

>I think my bad social skills are genetic from my mom.

That's stupid.
>>
>>18656552
Here's what you do, note only do this ater having your hair cut and taking a shower.
You say "I am confident". Now you are confident and the issue is solved.
>>
>>18656227
>get a haircut
Not op but why this ? I have long hair and I like it, I am not confident or anything like that but I have a great and friends, why cutting the hair is going to change something?
>>
>>18657109
>Great
gf*
>>
>>18654540
>a shy and socially awkward introvert

ftfy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.