[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post highschool pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Okay guys so after final exams I got rejected by uni I wanted to go to (law majoring).
I was devastated when I found out. I'm just so ashamed of myself that I cut ties with my IRL friends, stopped attending gym, and told my gf that "I need a break". My life was good up till that day, everything was going great.
I just don't know how to cope with this anymore. Never been so ashamed. I feel like dumb idiot. All I'm doing is drinking alone in my room. Maybe this proves that I would be shitty attorney because I have no balls.
How to not feel like shit about this whole situation?

Pic releted I guess. I feel like crying little bitch.
>>
Try again faggot. If its what you want figure out a way to try again. Instead of being a little bitch study and prepare. You got this shit its calling ya.
>>
>>18654537
It sounds like you've had an easy ride through life til now. Get used to it dude. Once you leave your parents house and highschool filled with your neighbors you will quickly get brought down to size and humbled in so many ways. You are nothing but a speck of dirt in this big world.

The only thing I can say is you're an asshole for breaking up with your gf because you got a little butthurt. It's a slap in the face but guess what. Even if you got accepted you think you'd be balling hard at a law firm as a partner in the first year? Get real you'd be a paralegal and then an assistant to a real lawyer begging to suck his cock...and that's after you don't even get an interview for 48 of the 50 places you applied to.

Seriously though do people not apply to multiple unis anymore? So you got shutdown from princeton and harvard. Maybe you'll make the cut for emory? We get passover and hannukah off! I'll give you 3 guesses as to why too.
>>
>>18654566
>It sounds like you've had an easy ride through life til now. Get used to it dude.
Yeah, you're right anon. Got to admit that.
>Even if you got accepted you think you'd be balling hard at a law firm as a partner in the first year?
Nope, all I wanted is do what would make me happy. I never felt or acted like I'm hot shit. I just knew where my place was. I felt like I would finally feel alive. I said that everything was going great. The thing is, this train that was supposed to be first class departed without me.
>>
>>18654605
>The thing is, this train that was supposed to be first class departed without me.

You really think IV league schools matter to make bank? Sure you see CEOs and politicians all going to the same shit - Harvard, Yale, Wharton, etc. but the overwhelming majority of people who are wealthy and living great go to state universities and public colleges.

What you learn is going to be relatively the same. The only major differences between "tiers" of colleges is that employers will set up shop at certain ones and try snatch up students to serve as slav...interns aka more connections. What you learn is still going to be roughly the same. I mean look at Trump. He's a fucking idiot who has absolutely no idea how the fed works and thinks mercantilism is going to make a comeback but he went to Wharton.

Your life is not over. As long as you get into a decent & recognizable uni you'll be fine. That being said I don't think a law degree is worth it.
>>
>>18654537
What you're doing is literally the worst reaction possible
So you got dealt a shitty hand, and you're actively making it worse?
Go and find some part time work. Work literally anywhere, save everything you can and have fun on the weekends
Then get your resume, personal statements etc. together and re-apply to University if you still want it that bad

You have plenty of time to figure it all out anon, just don't stop working at your long term goals.
Worse things will happen in life than this, and you have to be prepared for when it does

Good luck anon, pick yourself up and keep on going
>>
>>18654537
>Where you go to undergrad
>Mattering for law school as long as it's not complete shiite
Are you not a burger or something

>>18654672
It's worth it if you can place into a T14
>>
>>18654683
True. Law firms and decent law jobs place an unusually high emphasis on pedigree even moreso than high finance. Just personally I think the oppurtunities are drying up unless one wants to hit up the insanely complex world of IP law or drown in the protocol world of tax law. I was just saying that for op since I have no idea what his prospects are. Medical degrees are the only real safe bet for the next 50 years imo.
>>
File: 1484705479033.jpg (117KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
1484705479033.jpg
117KB, 720x717px
>>18654711
>tfw taking the LSAT next year
>tfw decent GPA, extracurriculars & URM status
>tfw I just need to do well to get into a few T14s
>tfw I'm screwed with a poli sci/philosophy double major if I fuck up
>>
>>18654711

What about business degrees (Especially Economics with the rise of cryptocurrencies, Property Investment with the ever-increasing population)?
Sorry I'm a random anon, just want your opinion
>>
>>18654674
Thanks anon, I'll try to do what you told me. Maybe it's time to get out of my hugbox.
I can always try backup law majoring. I mean, it's more like weekend school but if I'm good enough I can always get myself back on track. I just have to be good at it.
>>18654711
I always liked biology. The problem is that my chemistry sucks so... yea. I'm more into humanities.
>>
>>18654740
I just feel super bad emotionally, but I guess that no one can help with this. Gotta pull my shit together by myself somehow.
>>
>>18654740
If you're 100% set on a specific university (which one by the way if you don't mind me asking?) then you can get in on a related degree then change your course afterwards.
And although you're doing law which has emphasis on pedigree as anon above said, your grades, extracurricular work and networking matter SO much more
>>
>>18654537
>I'm just so ashamed of myself that I cut ties with my IRL friends, stopped attending gym, and told my gf that "I need a break".

Why is it your first reaction to just cut into your own flesh like that? Can't blame you for feeling the way you do, but you handled it like a fucking retard, honestly. Cutting ties with these people and neglecting your body will have worse long term effects on your mental health than your original failure. Even bashing your head against a wall would've been a smarter reaction.
>>
>>18654750
How did you even cut ties with your IRL friends?

>hey this is anon, I just wanted to call you to tell you you're not my friend anymore, k bye
>>
>>18654754
I live in Onionland (Poland) so I don't know if any of these unis would ring a bell to you.
I just feel like it's the matter of my honor if I get accepted or not after taking backup course.
>>18654851
>>18654861
Well, it's just that I started thinking that I'm an idiot in their eyes or something like that. Some of them who did poorly at school in general got accepted for architecture and some other stuff like that. I act like a retard, I know. It's just that I always envied everything. This feeling stopped my whole enjoyment from those friendships because I'm always jella of someone's brilliance.
I'm sorry if it sounds chaotic but had no sleep for two days straight.
>>
>>18654732
From my understanding Economics degrees are very similar to Finance degrees just with a greater emphasis on Macro vs Micro which is typically great if you can get a job that deals with broad outlooks in a company or something that deals with the market.

I don't know much about cryptocurrencies and from my understanding is that there is a ton of volatility involved because the general "rules" don't apply as it's a semi fiat currency without a central bank to help influence it or set a policy. I don't see it taking over any national currency unless it's in a country that is extremely volatile and suspect to devaluation and I don't see it competing realistically with healthy currencies for day to day transactions. Of course that could all change in 50 years from now, just IMO.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.