[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to be productive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: skeleton-computer.jpg (16KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-computer.jpg
16KB, 300x240px
How do I channel my strong desires to play vidya, watch videos, browse 4chan etc. into productive things like studying, exercising and cleaning that I have weaker desires to do?

I don't think it's just laziness as I've stayed up late, skipped meals and lost friends to do these things. I really want to do them but I understand that my life will go further down the shitter if that's all I end up doing and that makes me miserable. How do I fix myself?
>>
>>18653526
All that stuff is much more satisfying after a fairly productive day of getting shit done.
>>
>>18653526

>How do I channel my strong desires to play vidya, watch videos, browse 4chan etc. into productive things like studying, exercising and cleaning
Make a deal with yourself. Have a list of productive things you complete for the day and enjoy vidya to your hearts content after.

>I really want to do them
Completely fine.

>but I understand that my life will go further down the shitter if that's all I end up doing
Yeah duh, you can't neglect your responsibilities. But if you cover all your responsibilities, take care of your health (stop skipping meals), there's no problem doing what you enjoy.

>How do I fix myself?
First of all your not broken. Just do more productive things so when you do play vidya etc. you don't feel so guilty. Anyone is going to feel like a piece of shit if they're on the computer all day, not eating, letting their hygiene go, and sitting in a dirty smelly room.
>>
>>18653526
I was about in the same situation.

I started to learn blender/3d modelling/graphic design, and even Unreal Engine 4, (blender and UE4 are totally free, and there are lots of YT tutorials). All of these things are computer-vidya-related and are productive in a certain way, if you practice and never stop learning new stuff in the computer, you could even start to offer your services and get a payment. There are tons of productive stuff that you can do on a computer, and they aren't necessarily boring office shit.

Learn to do productive hobbies that are related to your interests (vidya etc) and you'll feel less guilty.
>>
>>18653526
Find a street route to walk around every morning, something between 2 and 4 miles long. Do not skip it. It's not much, but it is something.

Also, see if you can find things to do through your cities parks and rec department.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.