[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sooo my girlfriend graduated with a degree in Graphic Design.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0689.jpg (179KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0689.jpg
179KB, 1536x2048px
Sooo my girlfriend graduated with a degree in Graphic Design. Regardless of our relationship, the stuff she does (mainly company branding) is really really good, and she already has an amazing and wide portfolio. We are both 21, and live in Philly.

The issue:
She has been interning for months at her location and has been anticipating and super excited for weeks that they will offer her a fulltime postion. Also it's not like she LOVVEESS the place, it's neutral. I told her that she should accept only if its upper 40k's or higher, and she said her lowest is ~40k. I base this because there is a graphic design girl at MY job that is a college intern (Junior) that makes an equivant of $43k/year.

Come to yesterday, they offered her 37k (which equates to ~$18/hr). She told me and I told her that that is just too low blah blah blah basically just telling her it really is not good and that she should've also been applying to other places for leverage and she shouldnt settle for her internship blah blah. Basically just factual/reasonable stuff without any sort of positive remarks or congrats. Anyways she is upset at me now, and I can tell she's really hurt (that I wasn't happy/proud).

How should I have reacted, or what should I / can I do now?

If I were to congratulate her or something, in all honesty that would be straight lying because I think she is definetly worth more and if she put her butt down and did some other job hunting she could find a place with much better benefits.
>>
Your girlfriend could have accepted the $18/hr position and just keot searching for better jobs and left when she got a better job,
>>
A better response would have been:

"How do you feel about it all?"

Instead, you pissed on her parade straight away. It's one thing to give you opinion when you're asked for it, but this is her life and her job.
>>
>>18653406
:( you're right.
>>
>>18653399
What is more important for you?
>being right
>happy gf
Pick battles which you want to win. In like 90% of cases, you can just make your gf happy by letting her be.

Who cares she wont earn so much? Yes next time lie. Girls are emotions first, logic almost never works with them. Same as telling her you love her each day combined with a hug. Say to her you are sorry for being rude and ask her to dinner to celebrate it.

Btw
>i dont have to tell her i love her each day because i live with her and done X proves i care about her
is logical boy thinking. But if you want to ake her happy, find some small ritual you will do almost EACH DAY to make her feel loved. Use her emotions to make her happy.
>>
>>18653444
I think i need a boyfriend
>>
File: crazy girls.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
crazy girls.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>18654083
Sounds fair.
>>
>>18654092
Jokes on her, I fuck plastic moldings of vaginas!
>>
>>18653399
>your starting pay is 38k
>my counter offer is 45k
>we will pay 40-42k
>then what benefit packages can I get instead?
If your girl is actually good at her job then they are just setting a basic low ball for her to counter offer higher.
There should really be a college course for applying for jobs after college.
>>
>>18654127
>There should really be a college course for applying for jobs after college.

fucking thisss
>>
>>18654104
What model?
I got janine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.