[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest assessment please. This pertains to the united states.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ls_to_ny.png (428KB, 670x410px) Image search: [Google]
ls_to_ny.png
428KB, 670x410px
Honest assessment please. This pertains to the united states. I'm moving from Los Angeles to New York next month with my girlfriend. I'm a white guy with an Iranian gf. I was thinking that we could drive across the country together for fun, since we're moving anyway and neither of us have seen the middle of the US.

How terrible of an idea is this really? Are the horror stories I hear about the middle of the country as bad as they sound?
>>
>>18652734
Do it
Plan it out carefully by phoning every stop. Like never have a hotel not have a room ready for you.

I'm Canadian. My parents drove from BC to Quebec.
Which is nearly twice as long as your trip
And I was just a kid and it was amazing for me.

Do it as an adult and it should be great. Just don't assume that you have a place to stay till you reserve every room along the way
>>
>Are the horror stories I hear about the middle of the country as bad as they sound?

Depends on what horror stories you heard and where they're about.

I've heard some place in the South are pretty fucked up and I wouldn't stop there for very long because of racism (I'm Hispanic) ESPECIALLY now with Trump and all this racial turbulence.

Nothing wrong with just driving and grabbing a bite to eat and maybe stopping at a hotel a couple nights.

I'm assuming you're talking about racial tension.
>>
We have a month between jobs. The choices are across-country drive, for a month, or taking a trip to Hawaii or something.

And yes, racial stuff is what we're worried about.
>>
>>18652734
I spent this entire summer driving to every corner of Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico for work. Honestly if a dumb fuck like me can learn to navigate and do basic vehicle maintainence, anyone can. There are just a few things you need to learn how to do

>read Mile-markers
>know how to read a map
>get a reliable vehicle and build a decent roadside repair kit
>bring a few extra gallons of fuel and water with you
>have plenty of good music and podcasts

It's so much fun and you will both be closer to one another after it.

>>18652775
>racial stuff is what we're worried about
Do you guys know how to camp? There are a ton of private spots all over the place where you can be comfy and away from people on BLM land and in National Forests. Once you get out to the southwest people are super friendly. I'd buy your girl some pepper spray though just in case if you plan on passing through the southeastern US
>>
>>18652734
It's worse than what you hear. Make sure your vehicle is very reliable, fast,off road capable and gets good gas mileage.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.