[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dreams vs reality... what's "real"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

I've been paying attention to my dreams a lot more than reality lately (mostly because I've been not thinking/doing much lately) and I'm different in them, even when I'm aware of the dream my personality is unburdened... I have social anxiety and apparently autism, but in dreams I function better.

Now I will get weird, but I've been meeting people in dreams (mostly fictional, but some I think were "real" people) - all these dreams have been deeply meaningful, like they explain my subconscious problems... But most amazing are the "real" people I met who were like angels in their behavior, so kind and not of anything I ever knew in this world...

Amazingly they say goodbye to me right when the dream ends!!!!

One was a Black guy who was lecturing me, but he had a hardy laugh (like a really likeable comedian) and he hugged me gently at the end of the dream while laughing hardily (hugging like that from a masculine male, people would think it's effeminate/weak)... He was trying to motivate me to work, earn, get social disability if I need it.

Another was a cat lady, she liked turning into a literal cat, but she was sweet and kind... It was like a friendly date... At the end we literally walked outside, hugged goodbye, she told me she's going back to her normal life and I woke up right there.

Many examples like this...
>>
>>18652378
So do you want some advice here or...?

>what's "real"?
What do you mean?
Dreams are real in a sense that people can experience them but they don't have a material counterpart. You aren't going to another reality when you dream.
>>
>>18652413
What I do with my life, I try to find it and I think it's similar to these people in my dreams. Do you understand why I like those people? Few are like them, so much energy put into being good people...

I question what the meaning of life is, and if what I wanted was ever what I really wanted...

>You aren't going to another reality when you dream.
Maybe your analysis is wrong, you're like not even open to an explanation.
>>
>>18652538
>you're like not even open to an explanation.
What do you mean? I am willing to talk to you here but that doesn't mean I have to agree with you.
I will accept it as a possibility when there's anything to back it up with.
If someone goes "hey what if everyone are actually just rabbits?" I'm not gonna go "who knows!". There has to be something to point that way. Otherwise it's just weed philosophies
>>
>>18652583
Sorry you pissed me mff because you literally say you're not going to other realities. That's not the point, I probably sounded like I want to argue about whether dreams are literally real as this life.

The actual point was that the way these people acted in my dreams and the scenarios make me rethink the meaning of life.

But what you're saying is that you require proof to believe dreams are literally realities. Here, make conclusions off this:
>Went to sleep once and a person literally sees me off, saying bye and hugging me right at the very moment the dream ends
>I wake up in a weird state of dream-awake, like the dream continues and I'm transitioning into this life while awake
>start crying, it felt real

2:
>I have a nightmare
>get beaten up badly, this person is taking pleasure in my suffering
>I wake up feeling pain in the spots where I was hit

>in a dream that feels real
>I get hit in the face so hard I get knocked back
>next day I wake up and cut my tooth from trying to drink water and the heavy glass fell hard on my mouth

>I tried to kill myself once as a teen
>for weeks I have dreams reliving the experience, but there's people around me saying comforting things in gibberish, I can't understand but it's probably subconscious like most dream interpretations

That stuff is weird and there's no getting around it, it's probably real. Even if they're merely coincidences and experiences, it's definitely true that people who have "NDE's" have even grander experiences only because they're unconscious/supposedly discarding their physical bodies.

But whatever, you're focused on this small aspect that I didn't even want to talk about at first, I wanted to focus on the part about how these (fictional or not) characters can be so good and change my life. our interests are different so not much to say here.

I don't believe the science of the 21st century, it's become like religion, wishful thinking that nothing other than their theories can be real.
>>
File: 4282013213811LW662wA.jpg (144KB, 785x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4282013213811LW662wA.jpg
144KB, 785x1000px
>>18652614
>That's not the point, I probably sounded like I want to argue about whether dreams are literally real as this life.
>But what you're saying is that you require proof to believe dreams are literally realities. Here, make conclusions off this:
So do you want to talk about this or not...?

>Went to sleep once and a person literally sees me off, saying bye and hugging me right at the very moment the dream ends
You're saying fictional characters can't say goodbye...? Haven't ever seen Barney or any preschool kids show?

>start crying, it felt real
And the sun seems to go around the earth. It's called Anecdotal evidence. I know it feels convincing to you but it's no base for a discussion.

>get beaten up badly, this person is taking pleasure in my suffering
>I wake up feeling pain in the spots where I was hit
There we go! This is more like an actual evidence.

Then again I think there are many easier explanations for this. Like maybe you got it backwards? Maybe your body was hurting first and your dream was build around it. Or maybe mind can manifest physical reactions out of hallusinations. False pregnancy is also a thing. (cont.)
>>
File: same.png (32KB, 720x585px) Image search: [Google]
same.png
32KB, 720x585px
>>18652614

>in a dream that feels real
We've been over this.

>there's people around me saying comforting things in gibberish
What is your point here...? Isn't this an opposite of reality?

>That stuff is weird and there's no getting around it, it's probably real.
What?! Now you're just stating your stand as a fact! How are you being "open to an explanation" now?

>it's definitely true that people who have "NDE's" have even grander experiences only because they're unconscious/supposedly discarding their physical bodies.
It's "definitely true" that they "discard their physical bodies"? How? And again I feel you aren't just throwing out a possibility here: you are stating things like facts.

>But whatever, you're focused on this small aspect that I didn't even want to talk about at first
I thought that was what you were asking and I'm focusing it now because you are talking about it too.

>I wanted to focus on the part about how these (fictional or not) characters can be so good and change my life.
Of course fictional characters can be influential. A flawless architype is much easier to look up to than a flawed real person.
As you said
>Few are like them, so much energy put into being good people...

>our interests are different so not much to say here.
Isn't that a much more fruitful conversation than just standing in an echo chamber...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfDPQZrhDvM

>I don't believe the science of the 21st century, it's become like religion, wishful thinking that nothing other than their theories can be real.
It's insane to rely on something before you have a decent understanding of it. If something isn't explained it need an explanation before it can be classified as real. Otherwise it's just a belief. And we have strong relying on mainstream theories because those are the best explanations. If they weren't they would change. How is that like a religion?
>>
>>18652719
>So do you want to talk about this or not...?
Got to go to sleep, but no... You are talking about proof and I am talking about the personality and scenarios, how a dream can effect you (regardless of real or not) in life...

Btw, I'm not "normal" either, I've had 2 alien encounters... I'm hesitant to talk about but the first time was a vivid hallucination of an alien ship and I never hallucinated like that. Makes me think it's all a dream...

>You're saying fictional characters can't say goodbye...? Haven't ever seen Barney or any preschool kids show?
You didn't think it weird they say goodbyes right at the end of the dream? Normally dreams end abruptly, but NDE's and some of these dreams end with warm goodbyes and scenarios I only dream of...

>Like maybe you got it backwards?
No I went to sleep normal, in the dream I woke up from a punch in my armpit and felt pain in armpit... I think it was like "hell", don't harbor negativity like them and you won't end up that way, their face was of sick pleasure from causing pain... Had I been gentle and kind to them, maybe they would've become good spirits...

Let me share 1 last dream please, then I leave
>I was being attacked by an angry madman
>an "angel" came and was mad at me but she reversed his age back to a baby
>I saw him as a baby before he even knew anything and cried at how innocent he looked now
>woke up crying very hard uncontrollably, everyone was an innocent baby like that.

>>18652723
>What is your point here...? Isn't this an opposite of reality?
Dreams are subconscious, it's difficult to interpret them consciously but I think there's meaning

>What?! Now you're just stating your stand as a fact! How are you being "open to an explanation" now?
sorry I didn't explain well, I mean it's true they experience these things, but coincidentally only when they are near death. Why would the brain have these amazing experiences only when life ends, unless maybe a new one will start in that reality?
cont.
>>
>>18652761
cont.

As for the rest of what you say, I conclude you are smart but also kind for being pleasant to me despite opposing my opinion, as is normal on 4chan to do the contrary... Perhaps better temper than me, as I legit got angry at your "you don't go to other realities in dreams"

I can't argue because I'm not perfect and don't know what to do in life, but these ideal characters in dreams are how I wish I was, it's weird they even exist in dreams... and in real life they can exist (I just can't get arrogant and think I'm special for having dreams like this)
>>
>>18652770
p.s. these are videos i like since you shared a video

>my beliefs presented by a scientific minded author who is concerned with social issues as well and left-leaning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYPWQMzwR4
you don't have to watch it, it's 26 minutes but maybe entertaining to you since you stayed and read all these dream interpretations

bye
>>
>>18652761
>So do you want to talk about this or not?
>no
Then don't ask me to "make conclusions off this"

>You didn't think it weird they say goodbyes right at the end of the dream?
...or ask questions that need answering.

>Normally dreams end abruptly
Interesting point. Again I don't see how this shows dreams are anything more than a hallucination but I realize it's got a little hard to say anything to which I couldn't just say that. It's like after you've been diagnosed with mental illness you can't really say anything to prove otherwise. I seem to think everything in a dream is imaginary BECAUSE it's a dream. I don''t mean I agree with you but I realize I'm asking for a proof I couldn't even provide myself.

>dream
Why did you want to share that? It has nothing to do with anything we discussed.

>Dreams are subconscious
We agree on that?! Isn't that a strong case for that you aren't "going to another reality" as your mind can affect the scenery?

>it's difficult to interpret them consciously but I think there's meaning
I agree completely! It's absurd to say dreams are just nonsense.
https://youtu.be/VpDPHXIPq1Q

>Why would the brain have these amazing experiences only when life ends, unless maybe a new one will start in that reality?
I see it more like the experience feels amazing because your brain is dying and does things it doesn't usually do.

> I conclude you are kind for being pleasant to me despite opposing my opinion, as is normal on 4chan to do the contrary
Thank you! I have enjoyed talking to you too.

>I can't argue because I'm not perfect and don't know what to do in life
Don't worry too much about reaching some kind of ending in the internet arguments. Hope you got something out of this - And I don't mean "I hope you accepted at least something I said": I believe simply writing out one's thoughts can help sort them out.

>p.s. these are videos i like since you shared a video
I make sure to check them out.
>>
>>18652839
first 5 minutes reminded me of this (I keep watching too)
>drug that makes people feel like they go to another dimension and the experiences are horrifyingly identical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gol5sPM073k&feature=youtu.be&t=175
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.