[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to escape my Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3470.jpg (82KB, 640x819px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3470.jpg
82KB, 640x819px
A little greentext to put my situation into context

> 21
> Male
> In College
(Large college but not known for its social life)
> Generally an average person, looks/personality are pretty good overall
> genuinely socially competant and unfraid of talking to strangers

Now that you get that, onto my cry for help.

Like I said, I'm in college for a good degree and an internship to job prpgram already accepted at an industry I very much want to join. My problem now though, is that i have two years left of college until I graduate.

I'm a good enough person, lazy, but I have a job and do well in school. Somewhat into weed, but more on that later. Only issue here is that I have a TERRIBLE FUCKING SOCIAL LIFE FROM THE PROXIMITY OF MY ROOMMATES.

How do I describe my roommates?

Well, I guess we go to greentext:
> They are the same age, all men and average types
> All in college with me in freshmen year

In the span of two years as we are starting our Junior (3rd) year

> two have dropped out citing their desire to just "enjoy life mane a degree doesnt mean nothin I can get promoted at Whole Foods" or a variant similar
> third "roommate" as I refer to him is just a guy central to our group, and as such he's always hanging out over at our place
> That "roommate" is now considering dropping out as well
> Never smoked weed until one of them got us all into it, I know this is my own fault but all they do is smoke now so it makes it hard to quit fully.

Essentially I've gotten myself stuck in this tiny social circle, I only have acquantinces or vague friends outside of this shitty little circle of almost all NEETS

How do I escape?
>>
>>18651708
Get new friends
>>
>>18651734
How simple, dick
>>
>>18651734
Any real advice? Really want to be a more rounded out person and want friends who will influence me toward that instead of down a shitty path... It's depressing like this
>>
>>18651827
I'll assume that's a no
>>
>>18651708

First, quit smoking. When you do that you have less in common with your roommates. You probably wont want to be hanging around them while they smoke all day.

Second, since you have no problem socializing, chat up a potential friend in your eyes. Try to set up a hang out friday or saturday night. Maybe they will invite you out to their group of friends.

Your not as trapped as you think you are. You go to a large college with a lot of fucking people who want, need, and desire friends too,
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.