[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: y8WWH2E.jpg (597KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
y8WWH2E.jpg
597KB, 1920x1080px
So my GF of 5 years broke up with me. She was the only person in my life.

I want to socialize and join university societies when the next academic year starts, but I have no social media accounts and I'm worried this will hold me back.

I can make a Facebook account but I'll have 0 friends on it and my only pictures will be bathroom selfies, no outdoor ones, none of me with friends, etc. My wall will be completely blank.

I'll basically look like a weirdo from the offset. I wish I could just kill myself but I really don't want to upset my mom that badly.

I'm only 21 but I'm so worried I'll feel this shit forever.
>>
Damn dude sorry about that but start networking making connections with people , see a girl in class introduce your self , just work up to it and it has a snow ball effect the more girls and people you talk to the more you'll find
>>
In time you'll learn how to love yourself, be yourself, and learn that everyone else's opinion of you only matter when it's about you.

Honestly bud. In time and patience will you become someone you love and that requires making the first moves and never being wrong. Be genuinely happy to be around other people. Smile more and make those around you smile. You'll be happy and you might find what your passion really is. And by then, the right woman may come your way. Long life to live and you gotta move forward and prosper.
>>
>>18651473
Thanks for the response. I can make acquaintances in class that I'll chat with but it never develops into proper outside of class friendships. I think my lack of social media doesn't help but then I stumble into this obstacle of if I made it now it'd look very blank and turn people off anyway because they'd know I was a weirdo.

>>18651480
Thank you, the optimism is appreciated. There's an optimistic part of me but it's so small and nearly my entire being is telling me that chances of success in improving and getting out of this hole are minuscule. I'd just be wasting time with the only benefit being maybe my mother will pass naturally and I can kill myself guilt free.
>>
>>18651463
You gotta play the game if you want to win, and you obviously chose not to play the game for the past 5 years since you already had a gf. You fucked up anon, but it isn't too late. Here's the reality of your situation. Nobody gives a fuck about you. So here's what you do.

step 1) get 6.5 - 8 hours of sleep every fucking day no exception. build a routine.

step 2) keep yourself fucking groomed, no neckbeard bullshit.

step 3) put the video games down or just play it for 1 hour MAXIMUM. NO EXCEPTIONS YOU DEGENERATE.

step 4) Find a hobby that you actually like or want to get good at. (for me it's programming and hiking). Girls fucking love guys that have hobbies outside of gym and gaming i guarantee it.

step 5) No matter how fucking stupid you feel, try to take some quality photos of yourself out hiking since you don't really have friends (yet).

step 6) Once you give into normie bullshit of social media, start following people and have people follow you. NOT LITERALLY DO NOT STALK ANYBODY IM TALKING ABOUT FRIEND REQUESTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA. Nobody will fucking judge you for not having that many friends.

p.s. don't forget to exercise, it helps keep the depression away i promise.
>>
>>18651512
Thank you anon, I'm going to save this post to try and keep myself on track.
>>
>>18651463
nobody gives a fuck about what is or isn't on your facebook bro. Just tell people you don't have one, it's that simple. If you want to socialize, join a club. Nobody is going to shit on you the moment they realize you're not on social media; they might even respect you more for it.
>>
Does anyone know an easy way to "clean" your facebook wall/page likes?

when I was in middle and high school I was a brony and I'm in a similar position as OP so I wanna appear to be as normie as possible before I start talking to people
>>
>>18651530
Honestly, I've been at uni for 2 years and whenever I've told somebody I don't have social media it's garnered very weird responses. That was probably exacerbated by me being generally a bit awkward though.

Whatever, either way you guys are right. I don't really have anything to lose at this point by making a facebook if I feel it's holding me back in these new societies.
>>
>>18651530
>>18651536

Also should note, a lot of these societies organize their events through Facebook solely. So I probably do just have to bite the bullet anyway.
>>
>>18651528
don't listen to >>18651530

If you want a girl to be interested nowadays, you have to have some sort of social media. I have one that uploaded a picture once every 6 months or so. It's enough to pique interest for girls to know that i'm not an absolute fucking NEET. Like I said, you gotta play the game if you want to win.

First off, let's find you a hobby outside of gym and vidya games. Let's brainstorm buddy, right here right now. What do you like doing?
>>
>>18651543
Honestly video games are the only thing I do and I don't even enjoy it anymore so I really am trying to branch out. I do plan on going to the gym, I would like to hike and travel I just have nobody to go with right now. I'm trying to get into Art and sketching, and I was interested in Philosophy for a couple of years but I need more broad hobbies. I also used to enjoy creative writing and reading but these all seem like boring hobbies that won't really attract girls much imo, except maybe the Art stuff. But I'm a complete beginner at it, far from impressive.

Plan on learning to drum through a club at uni too. Was learning for a year or so at 16. Also plan on joining the Astronomy club.
>>
>>18651558
Okay anon here we go. First off, nothing is more boring to a girl than a guy that has no interests besides vidya games. REMEMBER THIS. IF YOU LIKE GROWING PLANTS, THATS EVEN BETTER THAN VIDYA GAMES I GUARANTEE IT. If you were a fucking girl, would you be more interested in a guy that says he likes video games, or a guy that fucking grows tomatoes and makes his own salsa with it? That's what I fucking thought.

And please for the love of god, join that astronomy club.

Here's a fucking secret to staying disciplined. Make a fucking list of what you want to achieve for the day. I'm not fucking kidding. I want you to devote one hour to something each day. Here's a list I made for myself:

1 hour of my day goes to learning javascript
1 hour of my day goes to looking at cryptocurrency news/investing
1 hour of my day goes to taking a walk // going to the gym

(i have a 9-5 job). It's that fucking simple man. My list may not look like much, but guess what? It's better than some fucking NEET that only likes video games. And I go hiking by myself. I used to care a lot about that kinda shit like "what if somebody cares", you're going to have to beat that feeling yourself. I had to. Once you get to know some trails and gain some confidence in yourself, you can maybe on day, invite someone to go on that trail with you. Once you join the astronomy club, you can invite some club members to go with you to one of those trails that you've been hiking solo

TLDR : Make a physical list that you can look at for what you're going to devote one hour of your day to mon-fri like its a fucking chore and FUCKING DO IT. no matter how simple it is. you can even start off your list with "get 6.5-8 hours of sleep a day" and make that a fucking achievement.
>>
>>18651558
>>18651605
So tell me anon, what are you going to invest 1 hour a day to? Or what's that one achievement you're going to devote to mon-fri? Tell me what you're going to achieve? Whether its getting 8 hours of sleep a day, or looking at anything astronomy related for one hour.
>>
>>18651530
>he thinks potential mates won't look each other up
what if you hook up with a skat fetishists?
>>
>>18651605

Thanks, the Astronomy one is the one I'm definitely most interested in. It's funny you mention the growing tomatoes thing because I was just looking at a club that is literally just growing fruit, but it seems chill as fuck to me.

I really am saving these posts because I need something to help try and motivate me. It's tough when I wake up and instantly wish I were back asleep. I just wake up in grief because she was truly the only person in my life for all these years. But I know I just need to deal with it and move on.

>>18651622
I think before the academic year starts, I'll try and focus on learning some general knowledge around Art and Astronomy. Maybe even motivate myself to actually draw.
>>
>>18651636
Anon, i'm happy you appreciate my advice, but that's not good enough for me. Your brain is so fucking used to complacency that it's fucking screaming at you to not follow up with anything i just told you to do, so I want you to literally tell me what you're going to devote one hour of your day to AT THE LEAST.

Are you really going to join the astronomy club?

are you really going to devote one hour to draw/read about astronomy?

motivation is fucking bullshit i'm telling you right now. it's all about DISCIPLINE. and discipline doesn't just fucking come out of your asshole out of nowhere. THATS WHAT IM TRYING TO TEACH YOU RIGHT NOW. Now train your fucking NEET brain some discipline and tell me what you're going to devote one hour of your day to besides vidya. I'm essentially trying to help you rewire your fucking neet brain right now.
>>
>>18651651
I wish I could just unlock that motivation and that ambition I used to have but no matter how optimistic and fired up I feel, it's only fleeting. I will really try and make a start, which is genuinely the hardest part either tonight depending on whether I can fall asleep soon, or tomorrow. I will set multiple alarms to get up at a reasonable time and get out of bed without taking 6 fucking hours.
>>
>>18651671
You seem to be misunderstanding my point. Motivation is bullshit. It's a temporary fix that'll get you "motivated" for maybe a week or two before you go back to your NEET ways. This is your NEET brain trying to force you into complacency. Thats why i'm trying to get you to devote one hour a day to something to teach you DISCIPLINE. Now tell me one achievement you're going to make for the next week and report back to 4chan and tell us if you've achieved it. Is it going to be getting 6-8 hours of good sleep and waking up before noon? Or is it going to be one hour of astronomy/drawing?
>>
>>18651681
I understand your point but I just can't help but feel that discipline needs some degree of motivation to even start in the first place. I know that the only thing stopping me is myself, I know that this cynicism has literally 0 positive benefit to me, yet it's unrelenting.

I will do my best to spend at least one hour doing something productive each day. If I don't, I will feel ashamed of being so lazy at the end of the day. But I just can't get past this hurdle of maintaining some hope and optimism. I genuinely appreciate the help but this cynicism has really taken root. I never truly learned how to live for my own sake and my lazy self is just hoping time and minuscule improvements will help with that.
>>
>>18651701
Okay and that's why i'm trying to help you here. Literally spend one fucking hour of your day with either astronomy/drawing. Anything but gaming. Report back to 4chan in a week, i'll be here. trust me. Just put in your thread "reporting back from a week" or some shit.

Why am I trying to help you? because I went through the same exact shit that you did. Came out of a 6 year relationship with my ex and i didn't care for any of my friends and ended up losing most of them. Now i have a girlfriend, and some of her friends became good friends of mine, and things are looking a lot brighter for me. So i'm able to empathize with you because i know exactly what you're going through. It's your brain being used to doing absolutely nothing. You need to TRAIN your brain with that one hour discipline mentality. Not motivation.
>>
>>18651719
Alright, I'm genuinely happy your life is on the upturn anon. I will put in an hour tomorrow, and maybe half an hour tonight. I hope I find the same success you did. When did you leave that 6 year relationship?
>>
>>18651724
2 years ago. I still think about that relationship to this day, but have no regrets as it made me a stronger, more independent person.
>>
>>18651727
That's what I hope to gain out of this. Because even though I'm devastated she ended it, I can understand why and I can't have remained this weak, reclusive person for the rest of my life. I needed a wake up call.
>>
>>18651740
Yeah and your wake up call is right here anon. You will gain self-confidence each time you complete that small achievement of the day. And with each small accumulation of self-confidence, you will attract people to you slowly but surely. i promise you this.

remember. Your brain is literally screaming at you to be that lazy sack of shit. you need to train your brain. 1 hour a day. report back in a week cadet
>>
>>18651745
Thanks man. I truly appreciate the support.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.