[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy or Job Search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: naaaaaavyyyyy.jpg (49KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
naaaaaavyyyyy.jpg
49KB, 500x379px
So I have been searching for a job for about 6 months or so now and even though there are plenty in my area I have been unable to get more than 2 interviews, both of which were back to back by Arby's and Dial America. Since I haven't been able to find any place that will hire me, and I am already 19 years old I have been thinking about joining the Navy. Seeing as it is the most promising military branch in my eyes, since I have a fear of heights and the airforce is a no-go, I am at a dilema.
So, should I join the Navy or continue my job search for a couple more months? Any tips on the job search or any suggestions? Maybe a link or 2 to home based work?
>>
>I have a fear of heights
Part of your Navy training is jumping off of the side of a ship higher than your typical diving board.
This is in case of an "abandon ship" call.
>>
In my opinion, unless you have had a boner for the military all your life, joining the military is sort of a last resort. Do you not plan on getting an education? Or can you just not afford it?

Entry level shit tier jobs are your best bet right now. How bad was your interview with Arby's?

>fear of heights
There are different jobs within each branch. If you join the airforce, you aren't forced to be a pilot. You can literally just get a job sitting at a base fucking around on a computer.

But you might have to climb a few walls during training.
>>
Continue your job search. Join the navy if you want to serve your country and want military work experience. If you're doing it just because you can't find a job, halfway through basic training you'll realize it's not worth it and washout.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.