[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 AP classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Snickers.jpg (665KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Snickers.jpg
665KB, 1536x2048px
Senior in high school this year and I decided to take 3 AP classes consisting of Goverment, Economics, and English Literature. Mostly looking for advice on how to keep focused and not fuck up these classes? Anyone with experience in taking more than 1 or 2 AP classes?
>>
APgov was one of my easiest classes, but that might be because of my teacher. Just have a basic understanding of American history along with knowing the three branches of govt. and what they do, get used to writing FAQs/DBQ's and study a couple times a week.

English lit is fun if you like reading, and isn't fun if you don't. It's difficulty entirely depends on how well you can analyze writing.

No idea about engineering.
>>
>>18651344
>no math course
>no science like physics or chem

you're on easy street kid
>>
>AP Government
>AP Economics

You're wasting your time.
>>
>>18651344
I took 5 AP classes senior year
AP US Gov
AP English
AP Calculus
AP Physics Calculus Based
AP Biology

Learn to prioritize, if you're doing good in one AP class, see how much time/effort you need to expend to maintain your good grades, use the rest to focus on the other(s). This is key for tests and essays; don't spend all your study time for 1 class, especially the class you're doing the best in. You can rebound from 1 bad grade, but getting 1 good grade won't fix several bad ones.

Manage your work load, depending on your teacher/curriculum you may have a lot of homework (I had roughly 2-4 hours a night, sometimes a lot more or less) and a lot of projects (1 per class every month or so). Do your homework, but don't kill yourself over it. I went to bed at around 10pm every night, if I didn't finish my homework, oh well. It's better to be focused in class the next day than have done some worksheet that is practically meaningless in your overall grade.For projects, it will help to do them early and show the teacher, they will likely help you develop it so when you turn it in, you'll get a much better grade than if you do it the night before and don't get any help.

Talk. Friends, family, and teachers. If you don't understand the teacher, talk to a friend or classmate first. Chances are, your friends think like you and can explain better. If they don't get it and neither do your classmates, go to the teacher and ask for examples while they are explaining the lesson again. Make sure your family knows that you have a big work load. Don't lie and say it's easy if you are struggling, let them know you are doing your best. If you tell them you're cruising through the class, but get a D on a report card, they'll be more upset than if you told them you're having trouble but are trying to figure it out. It also helps them understand if you need to have a lot of time to yourself to work.

Have you had experience with AP classes before? Honors classes?
>>
honestly anon just buy the barron's guides or the princeton review guides. makes the classes a joke for like 20 bucks.
>>
>>18651800
This seems like great advice thank you.
>Have you had experience with AP classes before? Honors classes?
No to both, the thing is I was suppose to take AP classes during my junior year at this school but me and my family had to move to Georgia and since I entered in late at Georgia's school they hand picked classes for me instead, none of then AP. So now that I've returned to this school I decided to take 3 AP classes as a way to somewhat make up for it. But desu, I mostly chose them as a way to challenge myself to do better. I was always painfully average in school so I wanted to try and make myself... less average
>>
It's been more than 10 years, but I took 2 classes my junior year, and my senior year, 2 classes and a 3rd that covered four exams (called Geopolitical Economics).

About an hour and a half of homework/studying got me through an average night, and I got 4-5s on all of my exams. Your mileage may vary, as I'm really efficient at picking things up and learning on the fly while there's another topic at hand.
>>
>>18651839
You're welcome. If you're concerned about trying to be better than average you're in the wrong mindset. What helped me get through the classes was making myself think that the AP classes were the average classes. If you don't focus on the AP aspect, it becomes just another class. Once you think like that, it won't make you nervous/anxious.

If you want to look more intelligent, learn things outside the curriculum. I'm a history buff, I didn't have a history class my senior year (AP US gov had some, but not much). When people heard me talk about leaders and empires and events they never knew about, they were interested and thought me to be ahead of the rest (I graduated with a 4.09 GPA, so I was pretty far ahead of most of my class, but those ahead of me didn't see me as lesser because I knew a lot of things that weren't taught in school). What you'll find is that the kids that are in the top 10 and get a perfect GPA pretty much only know what they are taught. Get them to discuss a subject that wasn't dictated by a teacher and they flounder. So, if you want to impress them or show off in front of them, find something interesting to you and others and learn it. History is one that people tend to like, religion can be interesting if you know about less common ones, animal behavior (sounds strange, but if you can throw some facts around about an animal you might discuss in school other students will listen), it could be anything really as long as people respond. A really easy way to gain favor with the smarter kids and have your intellect be more appreciated is to get good at arguing. My AP English class was one of those English classes where you go line by line and find the meaning behind everything. Why did the author phrase it like this, what does this word mean in this context, is this a metaphor, what does this event foreshadow, how does the author want you to think right now, etc. If you can develop good arguments and back them up, people will listen.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.