[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She's "not sure if there's a future"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Shitstorm-coming.png (235KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
Shitstorm-coming.png
235KB, 672x372px
>GF of 3 years
>Had to go LDR for 5 months because of jobs
>Thought she might be "the one"
>Had like 4 interviews so far trying to get a job up near her
>She starts seeming more distant
>Suddenly says she's not sure if she sees a future with me
>Doesn't like my family
>I got an interview out of the blue tomorrow and she says she wants to spend time with me to "see how she feels"
>We are both the only people we've ever dated and she says that if she stays with me, she'll always wonder what it might be like to date other people
>She says she doesn't want to break up
>We decided to get a hotel and just talk about it

I was willing to wait until I get a job up near her, but she says she feels so lonely and this that and the other. I could get a job near her next week or in a few months. Now I don't know if I want to be up there at all. I feel like we work well together and the whole "sample a bunch of people or you'll be unhappy" is a societal meme. We were both virgins when we met, we will never have a relationship as tailored to just us ever again. I don't know, she's always been hesitant about the idea of settling down, acts like shes tied down by me, while she lives with her parents.

Basically I have an important job interview and a make-or-break relationship interaction with my gf on the same day after traveling like 5 hours. Shit is going to suck balls.

Should I just break up? Should I just enjoy one last day with her and then we go our separate ways.

Maybe we aren't meant to be or whatever, basically sucks ass that now my entire friend group up where she lives will probably some what estranged if we break up.

I could see a future with her, but she's not sure if shes "going through a phase" and "needs to see me".

I don't fucking know. I've already laid my cards out and said "I would like us to work if it's possible, I feel like the ball is in your court on this one, I have been driving up and down the coast trying to make us work. I don't want to be in limbo"
>>
If she wants to break up with you, she's going to break up with you. It doesn't matter how much you think "I'll always wonder what it's like to date other people" is a meme, if she feels that way, there's nothing you can do about it.

>Should I just break up?
What, just so you can say you were the dumper instead of the dumpee? Because after all that waffle you just spewed about how well you work together, that seems to be the only reason you'd want to break up with her.
>>
If a job is the only thing keeping the future secure with her, and she doesn't like your family (and you felt the need to mention that because it obviously matters) then it's probably fucked. You sound young so I doubt you'll commit to going to therapy so there's no use in telling that. Just suck it up and see what happens at the interview, she sounds like she's gonna put her foot down and you're going to let her.
>>
>>18651254
I'm asking because it is her doing the majority of the waffling. I'm not going to bullshit you and say I don't have mixed feelings as well. I just know I'd like to give it a shot. When I try and get a more direct answer it's always "I don't know what to do. I love you but what if it won't work?"

Let me try and condense. If someone says things like "I feel like I could have regrets or I'm not sure I see a future" is this a normal sort of "dark midnight of the soul" or just a precursor to breaking up?

I don't know what else to tell her. I;ve already said "people always wonder what the other grass is like, I do to, but I feel I can choose to be happy with you. I have no way of telling you what dating other people is like. Please, just make a choice here because I'm not going to be your stand by back up plan."

>>18651265
I just what a straight answer. I wish she would do something so certain, it would be a relief.
>>
>>18651278
Here's something to think about. If you're living in constant reaction to someone you care about, why the fuck should you be suprised at all when they do some shit you don't like? You can't control them. You're acting like you have this fairy tale relationship and from all that I've read so far it's not. Stop being so idealistic about everything, wipe the milk from your eyes and wake up. This is real life and you're going to be one broken motherfucker if you let this consume you and you live the rest of your life constantly looking in the rearview mirror. There's no certainty in anything and she's taking a calculated risk and she THINKS she knows the outcome so she's gonna go with that. She sound like she has a backup/escape plan, why don't you?
>>
>>18651248
OP she has met someone. She has to be totally honest with you, she owes you that much so you don't take a job in another city for her.
>>
She's over you man, and to be honest if she's not laying things out and discussing them like a grown up girl it's not worth changing your fucking life to be with this chick.
>>
>>18651248
Call it quits. Anyone having these retard thoughts is never going to feel secure in their decision and sometime 10 years from now, she'll want a divorce for some other retard reason.

I've had girls swear we were soulmates after a year of dating and a year later break up because they weren't sure it could last. This is much worse than the signs I got.

End it and move on.
>>
She doesn't give a shit if she even suggested that. Move on, you'll thank yourself later.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.