[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I'm a fucking mess. I have little to no knowledge of life skills. My good friends tell me they have no idea how I'll survive when I move out. I fuck up in the stupidest ways and I seem to be uninformed on about everything except obscure political topics and other unnecessary trivia I learned from the internet, like history. I have no idea how everyone else figured this shit out.

> I can't cook or make food other than eggs and sandwiches, because of this I'm underweight. I love working out at the gym, but my eating habits get in the way because I'm not getting enough calories
> I failed a job interview because I answered yes to "Have you ever been asked to do something illegal?"
> I need to be explained things like a 5 year old to understand them
> My social skills are weak
> My situational awareness is awful, I also lose things often
> My self-confidence needs to be reaffirmed by an expert on the topic or I'm worried that I haven't done something correctly
> I'm overly trusting and assume that people have good intentions
> I have a bit of an inferiority complex, it's probably showing now

I feel like I'm so much stupider than everyone else. Obviously it's my fault for being dumb and the world isn't conspiring against me, but what the fuck do I do? I've been tackling all these problems at once and progress has been very slow. With some of these problems I don't even know how to solve them? I always remind myself that my life is good, but I am so tired of pitying myself and losing out on life because of my incompetence. I feel powerless because of my lack on knowledge and ability to do anything. Doesn't help that I can't legally drive alone yet either. I only just got my license while my friends got theirs years ago because I wasn't motivated enough. How do I improve so I can survive in the adult world?
>>
File: 2u5u8wi.gif (3MB, 340x249px) Image search: [Google]
2u5u8wi.gif
3MB, 340x249px
>>18651220
Google: "how to [insert thing you want to be able to do]"
>>
>because I wasn't motivated enough
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this is your problem for everything. You can learn to cook. You can learn how to tackle job interviews (although I don't think that particular question was the reason they rejected you). You can learn more things and become more well rounded. But you need to get out there and do it. You might not have all the confidence now, and you probably think attempting is futile, but you NEED to know that it's okay to fail. It's OKAY TO FAIL, just pick yourself up and try again. And if it comes time to call it quits, at the very least you probably learned something and that already makes you
a better person.

What's not okay is not trying at all. That ensures you'll be as useless as you think you are.
>>
When thrown into the wild, you'll figure out how to survive anon.

>Can't cook
I highly doubt you've ever actually given it a good shot to learn. Pull up some recipes online and practice till it's good.

>Job interview
Well, now you know how to answer that question don't you? Failure is progress anon.

>5 year old
This is a valid issue, the only thing I've got for this point in specific is you'll get into a routine eventually and you'll understand shit the more you work at it.

>Social skills/awkwardness/confidence/insecurity
>Aka the rest of what you put there
Practice practice practice. The ONLY way to get better at socializing is to just do it. There is no way around it, you have to go out there, fail, and succeed.

>I've been tackling all these problems at once
Don't do that. Baby steps, one thing at a time. Learning to cook is probably the easiest thing you put up there, start with that.

> With some of these problems I don't even know how to solve them?
All of them are solved with practice. And I mean putting in a real honest try, not half assing it once and giving up because you are embarrassed.
>>
>>18651220
>I've been tackling all these problems at once and progress has been very slow.
No shit. People learn this stuff over time, you're trying to compress years of learning into a few weeks or months.
>>
>>18651241
Alright, I'll practice this shit one by one. For the needing to be explained things like I'm 5 thing, I don't know if I should get checked for a learning disability or something. I'm probably fine, though it's possible that I'm a little off. In my last two years of high school my teachers gave me extra time on tests for math and chemistry and I sure needed it. I'm not really sure where to get checked anyway.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.