[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to keep friendships afloat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: corbeaupng.png (149KB, 268x267px) Image search: [Google]
corbeaupng.png
149KB, 268x267px
hi yall,
so i entered college 3 years ago as a shy, self loathing dude. Despite that i forced myself to be extra sociable in the first days and actually managed to meet people. Eventually over the semesters we grew in a tightly knit group of friends. Some new people came in, some went away but this group kinda stayed the same. In these 3 years I became more and more social and actually enjoyed each day.

But now we're at a point on our cursus where we're either in internships or abroad. And my old habits came again. It's been 2 months since I saw them irl, and it made me feel real lonely. That in turn pushes me to isolate myself and being mostly silent in the different group chats. It's the usual cycle, you isolate yourself and you get upset cause you're lonely (fucking dumb, right). Anyway as time passes I feel as if I'm drifting away from them and it's more and more difficult to talk to them. It seems kinda out of place to just come back out of the blue an tell them "I was doubting your friendship and didn't talk to you but what's up!". Feels cringy and selfish.
Sorry for the long text, but i needed to vent somewhere.

tl;dr : i used to be surrounded by friends and now feel disconnected.

What are your advices for dealing with loneliness/keeping contact with friends?
>>
File: 8.png (148KB, 960x465px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
148KB, 960x465px
hahah same here bro
You are right, it is kinda cringy and selfish.
But I think, or I want to think that all that sense comes front the same idea of self-isolation, the reality might be different from "you doubting their friendship". It´s kinda hard to just ignore someone who was your friend for 3 years. But I really ask myself why they dont send a message of "Hello" or something one of these days, if someone is going to call first it'll be me and that just makes it very annoying again.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.