[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a GED actually useful outside of trades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 3fypNdc.jpg (497KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
3fypNdc.jpg
497KB, 1280x800px
Or should I just give up and finally kill myself.

In Canada, btw.
>>
I'm sure it's somewhat useful. I would imagine that having a GED doesn't make your job application absolutely void because I would literally just shred anyone's application that lack even that.
>>
File: 19413024526_1632813c98_h.jpg (730KB, 1600x1069px) Image search: [Google]
19413024526_1632813c98_h.jpg
730KB, 1600x1069px
>>18651067
Well, yeah, I mean it's obviously more useful than nothing.
I guess what I'm really asking is, is it even worth trying to move on when I'll always have doors closed for me by having a GED and not a diploma?
I really feel like I should just end it, rather than pointlessly trying to salvage what I can.
>>
>>18651086

>doors closed for me by having a GED and not a diploma?

Not sure about Canada, but I feel like in the U.S. GED and diploma's are the same in that they both don't get you jack shit. If you don't have some sort of bachelor's or any kind of degree or any kind you're fucked royally whether you have a GED or a actual diploma alone.

>is it even worth trying to move on

Move on to what?. If you plan on entering and racing past someone or even competing with someone that has some kind of degree I would say yeah, don't waste your time. You might have to something more realistic and get a menial job that is physically demaning or retail. You do have opportunities but not the kind people who have degrees have.

I wouldn't sweat it. People with degrees will get paid a lot but they got debts too and even when they do get their jobs they're still going to be expendable and still have to fight tooth and nail to keep their positions against everyone else that is there also.

>I really feel like I should just end it, rather than pointlessly trying to salvage what I can.

I wouldn't end it for that. I work retail and my life has been great. I am happy with the car I own and the place I live at. I don't need three vacations a year on a cruise or to the Bahamas.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.