[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stop sleeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1385096311447.gif (936KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1385096311447.gif
936KB, 256x192px
The past two weeks I've been late to work because I keep snoozing my alarms. When they wake me up I'm so tired that the only thing i can do is snooze the alarm and pass out again. Sometimes I snooze the alarm, actually try to wake up but then I fall back asleep.

I'm not going to bed super late either. I can get like 8 hours of sleep but still wake up exhausted and ready to continue sleeping for another 4-6 hours.

Another scary thing is that even after sleeping for a long time the night before and waking up late and after I get done with work for the day I fall back asleep and take long naps. I just get really tired and my only thought is I should try to sleep.

I've always been someone who sleeps in longer than I should on weekends and yawns throughout the whole day but I've never been one to take naps so often, it's just been getting worse the past 2 weeks.

Am I depressed or just lazy? or do I have like hypersomnia or something?
>>
How old are you?
What's your job?
Do you exercise?
>>
>>18650934
I'm 20, I work from home (w/ 7 full-time work hours) and I exercise occasionally. (I've been meaning to get exercise on my daily schedule but it always slips my mind)
>>
>>18650954
But what is it you do for work?
Also you have a comfy ass nice mattress? Maybe your mattress is shit and causing you to toss and turn all night unknowingly
>>
>>18650975
I work for a company that makes cartoons. I mostly do audio stuff but occasionally I do other things to help out. It's a pretty enjoyable gig.

As for the mattress, I recently moved out and my parents gave me the twin mattress I slept on when i was younger, so it's pretty old. However its still a comfy ass mattress
>>
>>18650930
As someone with lifelong struggle similar to what you're experiencing, I have a few tips that may help you.

1) Use sleepyti[dot]me to schedule your sleep/wake timeline. It might be a placebo, but I think it helped me be more alert in the morning. See the webpage for more details.

2) Masturbation may help you wake up in the morning. Keep a tissue under your pillow, and if you sleep alone in your room, beat the meat when you cant wake up. The excitement and flow of hormones will help you get up.

3) Make your room warm, if possible. Getting up in a cold room is hell even when youre well-rested - and almost impossible when you're not.

4) If nothing else works, get some caffeine pills, set alarm an hour earlier, and when you "wake up" for the first time, just reach out for pills, drink them, and go back to sleep. You'll be well awake in thirty minutes. 200mg does it for me, 100mg might be enough if you don't have tolerance.

Also, try seeinga psychiatrist just to check that you dont suffer from depression. Having trouble getting up in the morning might be a symptom.

Hope this helps. Cheers
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.