[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Being a good person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1503371811303.png (583KB, 1157x951px) Image search: [Google]
1503371811303.png
583KB, 1157x951px
How does someone go about being a kind and helpful person? Pic semi related.
>>
>>18650901
>Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

Keep that ever present in your mind as you go about your day. When ever you are about to "act," always consult the mantra first
>>
>>18650904
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>18650951
Do what that anon said, and take responsibility for your actions. If you hurt someone apologize and try to make it right. Another thing to remember, in action can be as bad as a bad action.
>>
Op here
Is picking up litter along the lines of good person? I know littering is bad but should I go the extra mile and pick up bottles and such if I pass one when walking?
>>
I consider myself a nice and thoughtful person. Little things like letting people merge onto highway. Thank you to the janitor when he gets the trash. Hold the door for the mom with the stroller. And treat everyone with the same respect.
>>
>>18650901
Go volunteer at an animal shelter, a soup kitchen, do some work for anon-profit, anything like that even if it's small, when you work it into your life as part of your routine it will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself, because you will learn to gain satisfaction in helping other people and it will feed your soul like nothing else. This approach changed my life.
>>
>>18650901
never be hateful to others (like a catty person or a bully, don't even think about it) and jump at the opportunity to help people (like this guy bignosesaresexy.tumblr.com, he made a blog to make people w big noses feel better about themselves... his attitude is right) (also like "Starfire" from "Teen Titans"... I really liked that show and the characters were all really nice)

radiate kindness with your personality, simply try your best, at least always avoid hatefulness.

be passive when people bully you, not defenselessly letting them bully you but don't bully others because you were hurt... it's a serious flaw.

You can be mad, annoyed, etc... It's not bad. You just can't be "hateful", don't be hateful. Don't. Replace it with the desire to be good.

Literally be meek (you don't have to be weak or cowardly, but meekness is how old religions say you get to heaven, if that place exists or is a state of mind, you DON'T get there by trying to harm others or thinking badly...)

it sounds hard but if you just remember to not hateful thoughts and have only good thoughts (even when annoyed, angry, insulted, bitter, sad etc.) the good energy you build up will always find a way to come out.
>>
>>18652190
Oh and if you think i'm wrong, you'd be suprised how many people don't do this... Many people hate, even myself when i don't pay attention (it starts with the tiniest thoughts)

I really like people who try to be kind... like i admire them, its v wise, good luck
>>
>>18650901
Get involved in a cause or organization that does charitable or non-profit work, and the rest will come. If you integrate it into your life in a concrete way and don't focus on the little things like a lot of people ITT are saying, all of that small stuff will naturally occur if you start by directly getting involved in something. The less you think about yourself, the more energy you sink into building things for other people, the more you will embody the ideas you're looking for, and after a while you will do so without having to even try.
>>
You can get a job in "social service" fields. Like those people who help mentally ill people get jobs and survive on their own.
>>
>>18650901
Just try not to be a cunt it's really easy
>>
>>18652190
>Never be hateful to others (like a catty person or a bully, don't even think about it)
>be passive when people bully you, not defenselessly letting them bully you but don't bully others because you were hurt... it's a serious flaw.
What do you mean by passive but not defenseless...?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IPEBpoad0
>>
>>18650904
This is some shit advice. It shouldn't be, but it is. I've kind of followed this mantra my entire life. I always let people pass or do what they need to do first, I'm always the one who steps to the side for somebody else, or helps someone with their little quick things, and it doesn't get you anything but depressed. I've grown to loathe people following this mantra, but it's cemented into me by this point. People are so ungrateful and so oblivious. I can't tell you how many times I get cut off or get stuck behind someone on the way to where I need to go and I'll just repress it and fucking WAIT on people, again and again and again, and for fucking what? I feel so disrespected all the fucking time because I'm the only one who gives a shit and notices the little things. Being a good person has made me hate myself and others for not meeting the standards I've set.
>>
>>18652389
That guy in the video sounds like he's training people to have social skills, a different thing. Some people don't like arguing & for others it comes naturally, what I mean is: what matters is deep down in your heart what you want.

I probably make no sense, but trust me if your heart is in the right place you'll know what to do. It's a logic I find hard to explain, but it's really simple - 'try' to be kind and the opposite won't happen even when you defend yourself.
>>
>>18652522
>social skills, a different thing
How?

>what matters is deep down in your heart what you want
Try to avoid poetic expressions if you could. Heart is an organ for moving blood.
>and yes of course I'm autistic

>It's a logic I find hard to explain, but it's really simple
I understand you think you know what you mean but just saying "you know deep down" and not articulating your point isn't going to help OP or this conversation.

Again what do you mean by "passive but not defenseless"? Do you mean using words but not falling for physical violence or what...?
>>
>>18652423
Sounds like you're expecting some kind of return or reward, which is not how it works.
Nevermind that you're naturally remembering the bad experiences rather than the good ones, which is only natural.
Expect everyone to be a blithering idiot and it'll work out quite well. You can be nice to idiots without particularly caring about them or enabling them.
>>
Just be empathetic of others.

Be it an old person in a power chair stuck on a curb, some dude with his hands full, or some fat person who could use a hand to carry their folds for them.
>>
I try not to hold expectation. When I do things, I do them in the understanding that I will not receive recompense, and even when offered, I often politefully decline their offer. The trade off is that I only help when it doesn't require much extra effort, it coincides with something I'd like to do anyways, or the person would otherwise be unable to do it themselves and I wouldn't have to go too far out of my way to do it. Things like changing tires, pushing cars that have stalled/gotten stuck in snow, boosting cars, holding doors, whatever. Takes me only a matter of seconds to solve these problems, and sometimes you even meet cool people doing it.

If you only ever do what you're comfortable with doing, then you're never going to become resentful of the concept of doing it, it can only ever be a pleasant experience.

Often, we may not even realize what we stand to gain from these simple acts. Friendship, respect, experience, connections, opportunities, laughs, turning somebody's bad day around...

It's just being good to others for the sake of brightening up the world a little bit.
>>
>>18652984

This, completely.
>>
>>18650901
Admittedly I am terrible with strangers and about as distant looking as it gets in public.

But I don't have any enemies (don't think so at least) and have managed to keep my fiance around.

If you can play devil's advocate and keep track of what some people are dealing with it'll help a ton. Once you get an understanding of their circumstances it's easier to know what they'll appreciate and are looking for on that day/moment.

I would be careful though of becoming a doormat. There is a difference between being kind and generous and being a nice guy-yes man.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.