[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1436613301644.jpg (79KB, 640x566px) Image search: [Google]
1436613301644.jpg
79KB, 640x566px
What are some things I, or anyone, should know about moving out for the first time?

I currently live with my parents and pay all my bills except my phone bill. I've been working for a few months at a new place and can move out and pay for my bills comfortably. I'd probably move to a 1b/1b around $400-$800 range. I'm scared as fuck but I know I need to do it soon. My gf is losing her place at the end of the year and my parents are holding me back in life and driving me crazy.

Any useful information would help!
>>
Biggest one of all:

Work out your household budget. Work out what your outgoings are going to be, on average, so you know not to overspend.

This may not appeal to everyone, but I've arranged to have all of my bills happen on the same day. So my gas, electric, rent, etc. is all due at the same day of each month. I find this a lot easier to deal with. I basically pay all my bills once a month on the same day.

Have one day a week that you keep aside for chores ie. laundry day, cleaning day.

Have spare keys cut and give a trusted neighbour/gf/parents/friends a set so that if you ever get locked out you know where to go.

Keep a book where you keep all your online account usernames, telephone numbers, etc . When I need to call the utility companies I have a book that contains all the numbers I need to call, and my account number, etc.
>>
Almost never post (hardcore lurker) but as someone who moved out 4 years ago here is what I learned.

Dont move into black neighborhoods: Call me a /pol/ nazi if you want, but black neighborhoods are shit, you will hate every second of it and will get robbed. Just make sure you scope out the area your moving into, I made this mistake when I moved into my first apartment..... never again.

Plan your budget: For example my brother and I moved in together, for awhile I was the only one working and we spent $735 on a 2bed 2bath, around $300 for food, $100 for internet, and about $60-$70 on power, and $35 a month for the gym, anything after this was extra spending money.

GET RID OF YOUR SHIT NOW! You do not want boxes of crap in your apartment for years, we tried to save stuff we thought we might use (really old clothes, extra mattress, old school books, ect), lose literally all the shit you havnt touched in a year because odds are you wont touch it again, I cant stress this enough. (we ended up taking a full sized u-haul truck and making 2 trips to the dump to get rid of all the stuff we let sit around for 2 years)

Keep stuff clean: aka no fridgebro or you will get ants/fruit flies.

Honestly anon dont sweat it to much, its scary at first but after 1-2 months you will enjoy the freedom, wish you luck mate!
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.