[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Lie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Hey, so I've fucked up royally in college. Meaning I'm 24 and only in my second year.
Everyone I know had/has very high expectations of me because prior to that I was a high achiever.

This leads me to two related scenarios:

1. I had to take time off work to try and repeat part of my course (they failed me any way :') ) so everyone in work knows that. They ask me if it went well.

2. On dates people inevitably ask what I do in college, and I don't want to lie. But when I tell the truth it lets me down.

In both scenarios my problem is that I'll try to tell the truth in a relatively positive way. Then they'll poke and poke until they get to the truly negative underbelly truth and suddenly I'm like pouring my heart out explaining why I keep having to repeat.

This has both ruined dates, and lately made people in work kind of avoid me because they're afraid I'll like dump all my problems on them I suppose.

So what I want to know is how do I tell people the truth of the matter without the entire story unravelling or in a normie false positive way?

Or do normies just lie?

Pls halp.
Thanks you sweeties XxxxX
>>
Sounds to me like you cant stop vomiting your sad backstory onto anyone wholl talk to you. I mean you dont have to say shit about the details you could literally just say oh im studying X at colleg ive got X time left looking forward to then haha. Like how fucking hard is it to spin that shit how you want, just downplay it like who really gives a fuck nibba. Get over youre inferiority complex theres plenty of fuckups worse than you who didnt even give it a second try
>>
>>18650638
Honestly I try but the thing is because I'm 24 they start asking questions.
I always just say as little as possible but they begin to ask more and more questions.
>>
You sound so much like me.

Face your shadows. Straight up admit you have a hard time with your studies. Seek student counseling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0Qm8I2cCAE
>>
>>18650638
this im behind too failed 2 of my class 2 times. Just tell people you took a gap year or some shit you wanted to work you cancelled some class. No one needs to know your backstory. Its a journey you'll get there. You have bad self esteem because you connect your self worth to college. I used to be ashamed of that too but i dont give a shit now. People who are worth a while either wont give a shit or theyll help you. It also helps weed out the snake who listen to bullshit advice like you become the company you keep (which is completely not true). Anyway hang in there
>>
Tell them, and be confident. I'm in the same position, 24 and probably still 1-2 years from finishing undergrad. In high school I was moved up, highest ACT score in a decade for that school, etc.
On dates, I said I had personal stuff early on so I needed to take a couple years off (true), numerous major switches (true) and I could only go half time because of finances (half true), but am confident in the path I'm taking now (true).
It sucks, and you're right that it scares a lot of girls off. The most important thing is to be happy and confident so girls don't think they'll have to mother or take care of you. If they aren't smart or kind enough give you a chance, they're not worth it.
It took a long time, but I'm now in a relationship with someone my age who'll get their law degree before I even get my bachelor's. It took many many tries to find someone who I'm happy with and who's happy with me.

In short, be honest about who you are and where you're at. But be happy and confident about it, don't self deprecate. If you need to, fake it until you make it.
>>
>>18650843
>>18650714
>>18650682
Thanks for the support fellow fuck ups. It feels good knowing you're out there too.
Perhaps the problem is my self deprecating humour has now becine actually tragic as opposed to funny.
I'll try just be more up front confident.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.