[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is refusing drinking alcohol awkward?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1502198687478.png (91KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
1502198687478.png
91KB, 314x320px
I'm 21 and I dont drink any alc and dont want to to be honest. Even the doctor giggled a bit and said "You must be a well behaved person".

What should I say when I'm out with friends who drink and ask me?

I hate my life...
>>
>>18650610
Im in the opposite boat where I'm the only one in my group that drinks, usually I'll get tipsy if I hang out with friends, and yes it is awkward to be the only one drinking or vice versa.

Just make yourself DD and your friends will love you
>>
Fuck your doctor. Find a new one.

When your out with friends just tell them that you don't fucking drink. Own that shit and be a man. They will respect you 100% more when they try to temp you and you hold your ground.

Don't hate your life over this. Drinking is a curse for man people. My best friend is an alcoholic. I used to binge drink and make bad decisions (spend too much money, break stuff, say hurtful things, get into fights, etc).
>>
You're... joking, right?

You're 21, dude. You really hate your life over this stupid shit?

I don't drink or smoke myself. While it is annoying to have the docs give you the look of doubt, it's an extremely insignificant part of the day.
>>
>>18650619
>Just make yourself DD and your friends will love you
What? I dont get that sentence

>>18650623
But how should I tell that to these people? They always have that look that make me so awkward when I say I dont drink. I feel like I'm the Fun-killer in this situation. Its a very uncomfortable feel.

>>18650630
>You really hate your life over this stupid shit?

I didnt mean that seriously, it's just very annoying when people look at you as if youre an alien when you say you dont like to drink that crap. Sorry for that man
>>
You sound like a pussy who can't handle social interaction. I never understood why people wouldn't drink alcohol if they enjoyed it, or don't want to try alcohol to find out if they'd enjoy it.

However, it's not up to me or anyone to question your decision. Just don't be a waffle about it and people will respect your choice. And if you don't fit in as a result of not drinking alcohol, find a different crowd. You're ruining it for others if you're not having fun. As long as you have fun and get along, nobody is going to doubt you.
>>
>>18650643
Designated driver
>>
>>18650610
Hey man why arent you drinking?
>honestly i dont want to
This would be autistic as you are saying there is something wrong with people who drink and you are a better person for not drinking. Its the mentality that vegetarians and vegans have.
Instead just say.
>I dont drink.
>I dont feel like it.
>No thanks man Im good.
People might not want to hang out with you if they like to get trashed though.
I only drink once in a while when I really feel like it and so I usually come out to eat bomb ass food downtown. When they are planning on hitting the bars I only come out if Im planning on drinking because it would be boring otherwise.
>>
I'm a Mormon but that aside I never drank before then. Whenever I go out with my brothers and friends I just order whatever I want and try to be part of the conversation. We are friends after all.

Both of my parents had alcohol related deaths before I was 21 and i never really felt the desire to drink before then.
You save money, dong do stupid shit, and go to bed with a clear mind.
Dont let it get to you. Even when my friends Brea out the cigars I just move to where I'm not choking to death from how shitty they smell. As long as you are part of the fun and not whining to them that they should stop I doubt they would call you a fun killer
>>
>>18650696
>Autistic
Why is this word so overused. sigh

>I dont drink
>I dont feel like it
>No thanks man Im good

Dude, I dont say "Ew alcohol, thats so bad for your health state, bla bla bla". I always say what you wrote and most of them look at me as if I'm an alien or smth.

I dont drink alcs, because it tastes like shit and smells like shit
>>
>>18650610
no one cares if you don't drink except for young dudebros who probably think the're doing you a favor. i drink pretty often and know plenty of people who do, but you should regard it as a red flag if someone tries to push alcohol on you, not as something wrong with you.

just say ''no thanks'' or ''i don't drink''. also, maybe don't go with the group on literal drinking expeditions like barhopping where everyone's just trying to get as fucked up as possible. it's not fun to be the one sober person for that type of thing.
>>
>>18650610
Say that you're Muslim.
>>
Got alcoholism in the family/relatives so I don't drink.

My dorm mates find me boring.
>>
>>18650709
But im not
>>
>>18650707
>it tastes like shit and smells like shit
>>18650643
>i dont like to drink that crap
These are the statements you are making in this thread which is why I said what I said.
Autism is when you have interpersonal skills issues. Talking in a dismissive way and not understanding why others would be turned off by it is borderline autistic behavior.
>>
File: 1495985464382.jpg (90KB, 499x525px) Image search: [Google]
1495985464382.jpg
90KB, 499x525px
>>18650729
>i dont want to drink something that tastes bad for me
>Y-YOU HAVE AUTISM!!!

Thats enough dude, im out here.
>>
you need new friends. there's nothing wrong with refraining from drinking, nobody should berate you and still have the balls to call you their friend. just my homest opinion.
i mean, i don't know if you did, but if you told them in makes you feel uncomfortable in any way, and they still bug you about it, then those people are really just pieces of shit. they should respect that you just don't drink. that's just all there is to it, they literally have no reason to keep treating you like shit over it!
>>
>>18650707
i agree, desu, any time someone on here calls someone autistic, the person wha was called that don't even show signs of actual autism lmao, people are so flippant with that term. most people who throw that word around are just dumb anyway.
>>
>>18650756
>go on 4chan
>can't handle the batz
So it's actual autism and not the meme variety then?
>>
>>18650756
Not the guy you replied to, but he never said you had autism because you don't drink. You autist.
>>
>>18650766
*that were called that
baka my flippy floppy typing, i'm sure there's probably more typos in there but whatever
>>
Yes it is awkward, however: A persons relation to drink is like a real girls boobs. Never perfect. You just happen to be flat-chested. Deal with it.
>>
I despise alcohol because it ruins so many lives. You are smart to refuse alcohol.
>>
More and more of my friends have stopped drinking or are drinking less, not for restriction but because they just dont feel like it, I dont think its awkward or anything, I would prefer it if they drank so I wouldnt be doing it alone but oh well. As you grow older only people who genuinely like drinking keep at it on a regular basis, for others it just trickles out in my experience, dont feel bad but dont feel you will become a drunk if you enjoy a drink once in a while.
No one will think its awkward or pressure you unless you really look like you want to and dont for being overzealous
>>
I don't drink and my alcoholic friends admire my "self control," sometimes I convince them to skip drinking when we hang out.
I'm not straight edge, I just say it's for health reasons. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.
>>
just get a haircut, take a shower and become confident. this will solve itself then.
>>
>>18650610
Your body will thank you when you're older.
Nothing wrong with avoiding alcohol, it is poisonous after all.
Just say you don't drink, people accept it eventually
>>
>>1865061
why you don't drink?
Are you gay?
>>
>>18650623
Big men don't drink! Own it gurrrrrl!
>>
My kidneys are basically damaged for life now because of my alcoholism.
I'm late 30's.
Fuck drinking. You can have a good time without it and you can see how it makes people behave.
>>
>>18650610
When I go out with friends I sometimes refuse to drink alcohol and soda and tell them I'm on a diet. Yesterday I was at a party where 1 guy didn't drink and nobody found it awkward although he usually drinks. If you go to the party with a car or motorcycle you have a great excuse not to drink.
>>
>>18650610
Alcohol is one of the reasons why this world is full of brain damaged retards and autistic subhumans. It is one of the very first reasons why people die everyday.

Alcohol is an direct or indirect cause or at least enhances the risk of car crashes, It causes intolerance, family disfunction, abusive relationships, autistic edgy teens who screw their lives early on, health problems, an insane amount of worlds economy spent in these consequences.

Third world shitters only work to earn their daily amount of alcohol because it relieves them from being mediocre and failures at life, having nothing, not enough to survive but they always have money to spent in alcohol.

The riches(people who produce alcohol) take advantage of the ignorant and poor who are autistic enough to never know when it's their limit of drunkage, and we know half population of the world is poor/third world.

Go figure. You have chosen well, you can have as much as fun and more without feeling like shit the next day. Without alcohol you're actually confident on what you do, and you're not depending on a shitty drink to be confident enough to do shit you want but you can't bc you're a pussy in real life. The truth is they're a bunch of uncinfident and insecure fags who needs to be pushed forward by a toxic drink. And you may not even remenber what you did.How lame. What do you think?
>>
Think of all the money people spend on what amounts to poisonous water. Then imagine all the tasty, healthy, and exotic foods they could buy with that money instead. Alcohol is such a waste.
>>
I think alcohol ruins parties. No thought goes into gatherings when alcohol is around. The food consists of pizza and Doritos and potato chips, but everyone is drunk, so no one cares, not to mention alcohol makes you sick and throw up if you drink too much, what's the fun in that?
Without alcohol, an effort must be made to make an interesting experience, like having a real a dinner party with real food.
>>
File: 1414553245235.jpg (34KB, 422x542px) Image search: [Google]
1414553245235.jpg
34KB, 422x542px
>>18651045
>It causes intolerance, family disfunction, abusive relationships, autistic edgy teens who screw their lives early on, health problems, an insane amount of worlds economy spent in these consequences.

>Edgelord who has done a serious evaluation of mankind has it all figured out.

Get real kid. People have their vices and alcohol happens to be one of them. You can substitute the word alcohol in your rant and replace it with sex, gambling,cigarettes, marijuana, opioids, and a few others and it'll fit right in with your rant.

The reality is 99% of people handle alcohol perfectly fine. The overwhelming majority of people do not drink to the point of blacking out. A person may blackout a handful of times but to act like it is causing the downfall of society when it has been consumed for literally the entirety of written history is proof you are just angry that you do not fit in and/or are trying to find some way to feel superior to others in a rather insignificant way.

That being said, if you don't want to drink it's not a big deal. Most people will not care if you don't touch anything at all. I will say that people will notice it if you try to be that sober guy hitting on the drunk girls.
>>
File: 1503506157465.gif (3MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
1503506157465.gif
3MB, 320x179px
>>18651117
>99%
>reality
>>
>>18650610
Don't refuse it politely. Say something negative about alcohol and openly disdain it when offered.

>"do you want a beer?"
>"n-no thank you"
Pussy

>"do you want a beer?"
>"You like that shit? Tastes like piss."
Alpha
>>
>>18651117
>99% handle perfectly fine alcohol
>100% reality guys

Yeah. No. I don't care that other people give a shit if I drink or not, I don't need other people appreciation or validation. I feel disgusted as how around the globe even knowing the facts that it literally screw people's mind and turns you into a monkey while under its effects, it is allowed alcohol to be legal when you yourself know that only people with actual education can handle alcohol good enough when they're not wasted or close to it, even the most well educated and welfare persons turn into a brainless piece of meat drunk and do stupid shit but they can afford to evade the law by money. What do you expect from the people who cannot control their urges because their only scape from their problems is alcohol rather than the problem itself, and then expect less from lesser educated population who care less than little and are way worse because they're real danger on the streets or cause fights, deaths, crashes( think of the health system ffs).

You seem to not be consient of anything "kid". Starting off because you think I'm complaining because I don't "fit" is enough to know how's the real kid here. I'm complaining because it's retarded how we allow toxicity in our lifestiles and assume it is a normal behavior and of common society moral to drink while having actual facts of how terrible is the situation as a whole, and how many aspects of life it affects. As if it were some kind of acceptance bullshit but the real thing is we're killing ourselves slowly and kids like you think it is all about a salty person not being accepted in a social circle for not drink, your mind is deeply closed you better rethink what you're saying.

The thief thinks everyone are of his condition. That's an easy way to describe you.
>>
>>18650610
>Is refusing drinking alcohol awkward?
Depends on your approach.
You can do so because you had bad experiences drinking, because you don't like the taste, because you would rather be the designated driver, because you only drink on special occasions or because you simply don't drink.

If you sperg out and say "w-well you wouldn't drink a pint of orange j-juice, right??" you will just be avoided.
That said, don't just go out with drunk people, it isn't fun when you are sober and you will look out of place.
>>
The people who care are the ones who care too much about being cool.

I don't drink much either. I don't have the money usually, and it fucks with my meds. If you need an excuse say that you're on a new medication or that you're dieting or that you don't have the money. Ask for a non alcoholic drink (something other than soda) to join in if you're with friends
>>
>>18650643
Since drinking is so normal and built into our society, people assume that anyone who doesnt has a strong reason for choosing not to, and most of these reasons go along with being annoying and not fun (like being super religious or high minded). Seriously ask yourself what your reason is for not even having a beer once in a while and evaluate whether or not this reason makes you a faggot.
>>
>>18650643
Become Daredevil and hone your senses to keep Hell's Kitchen safe.
>>
>>18650610
You tell them "i don't drink" cause any self-respecting person would understand these simple words. If they try to pressure you or force you to drink, they're not good people and you should stop hanging out with them ASAP.
>>
File: 1343531834876.gif (1MB, 337x254px) Image search: [Google]
1343531834876.gif
1MB, 337x254px
>>18651316
>>
>>18650610
Just say you got some health issues and can't risk drinking.
>>
it's better to be on the more cautious side than the reckless side, especially when it comes to drugs, but being afraid of having one or two drinks might be a bit excessive.

If you said, "I absolutely don't want to drink, and I'm 100 percent sure, because of reasons and facts," then I would say don't drink. "Man, I'm very scared," is probably not enough of a reason to abstain.
>>
It's not a problem if you don't drink. That's plenty fine.

When it becomes awkward as fuck is when you force your way into an activity that is clearly drinking focused (going to the bar for the game, a buddy's bachelor party, happy hour after work) and you insist "I can have just as much fun without drinking!"

Then you sit in the corner quiet with your arms crossed, and we can tell you're either not having fun, are judging us, or both, and you haven't actually loosened up like the rest of us have.

I know plenty of people who insist they "know how to have fun," but clearly aren't showing it. I'll respect your choice not to drink as long as I think it has a more sound decision behind it than "I think it's icky tasting" or "you guys are acting like dummies lol!"
>>
just say no retard
>>
Just say that you arent into it, no reason.
>>
>>18650610
yes.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.