[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sport should I try and get into?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_otc89lIk951vxv9sbo1_540.png (275KB, 540x504px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_otc89lIk951vxv9sbo1_540.png
275KB, 540x504px
Hey /adv/ femanon here, I'm an out of shape shit and I want to get healthy, but working out is the most soul crushingly boring thing I've ever done and it's super hard to get motivated when I'd rather watch paint dry than go to the gym for an hour and do monotonous tasks on the machines in silence.
I figure if I could get into a sport it might make exercising more fun at least.

The only catch is I have a deformity in my knees that keep me from anything that involves putting too much strain on them, very heavy lifting, long term running, and jumping are ill advised for me according to my doctor. I also figure I should try to stick to more "feminine" sports since A.) it's difficult to find coed teams and B.) guys tend to get too competitive for my taste anyway and I don't want to let them down lol.
I'm thinking Tennis, never played tennis before in my life though outside the unit in high school P.E.
I'm looking for something that can help me lose the most weight and be the most active but also fall within those set perimeters.

Or alternatively if you have any tips on making the gym more fun and interesting I'm all ears for that too. Other than just "change up ur routine"
>>
Cycling is fun.
>>
Listen to music or audiobooks
>>
>>18650577
Yeah I do that lol, I can't imagine what the hell you'd do at the gym if you didn't have an ipod or something. When I'm on the treadmill I have my tablet playing a tv show or something. But that's kinda boring to me too, my attention spans short for those kinds of things.
I've been trying to learn another language and usually use that time to do my duolingo app stuff but it's hard to hold a phone while bouncing around.

>>18650574
School is offering a couple free classes for the start of the semester, but I was looking for something that might be more of a game. Suppose you can race though. (And I won't lie, I would do good to meet some new people as will since all my friends have graduated already and left me behind)
>>
>>18650566
Tennis would be a good idea. You can compete with other females and it sure does tire you out after a full match.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.