[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bartending Qualifications?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (54KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 630x472px
I'm interested in becoming a bartender. My father was one before I was born, and agrees the job would be a decent fit for me, as I work well with people, I don't drink more than once a month maybe so I'm not going in just for free drinks or anything stupid like that, have no real problem defusing bad situations most of the time, and I can be a hardass when needed so I shouldn't have too much trouble telling people that they're drunk as shit, etc.
My question for you guys, especially any of you who have been bartenders, what are the best qualifications that an employer would look for? I already found a decent looking two week "bartending school" program in my area, and the ABC has a Responsible Sellers and Servers program coming up next month very close to me. Are there any other programs/classes I should look for, or maybe any skills I should practice? Would I want/need a licence, if so, would a On-Premise one be fine?
>>
I've never been a bartender, but I've been in plenty of bars, and I'm pretty sure "a pulse" is about the extent of the "qualifications" many employers look for.

Don't get me wrong, I'm aware that there are plenty of bars with very high standards and the job can actually take a lot of training and skill. I hope somebody drops by to give you advice on bartending schools etc. But since nobody's done that yet, I will just say that there is such a thing as overthinking.
>>
Most places will not care about bartending school

Most bartenders start at restaurants as hosts or servers or runners or barbacks

They pick up a few bartending shifts and learn as they go along

Why haven't you asked any bartenders how they got their gigs?
>>
>>18650104
Well thanks for the tip. I'm sure I am worrying a bit to much, I'm mainly working off a few google searches right now as to what I would need. I imagine most of the "qualifications" are mostly just nice things to have on a resume, but I need to look desirable to even be able to get a chance to show off that "pulse"
>>18650173
Don't know any. I assume you know a few bartenders if you claim all of that.
>>
Google confirms that you can find bartenders in bars and that you can ask them all kinds of stuff.
>>
>>18650183
>Don't know any. I assume you know a few bartenders if you claim all of that.

How do you expect to be a bartender if you're not intelligent enough to think up of the novel idea of going to a bar and grabbing a beer and chatting to the bartender. You might even get a job out of it.

How old are you op?

If you're too autistic to do that I'm skeptical of you being a bartender.
>>
>>18650265
I don't go to bars because I don't like to drink. Even then I don't normally make friends with random employees, or ask them personal shit like "HOW DID YOU GET YOUR JOB?" I could just go to a bar and ask a bartender I guess, but that seems more autistic than coming to an advice board. Even than, who says I can't do both?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.